===[COMMITTED]=== Gaul Theatron

Stan`

You can give the gaul theatre any cost you like, it doesn't have to be the same as the parent template; e.g. 600 wood + 150 metal and 0 stone is fine by me, I don't really care. My earlier remark was simply a reminder not to forget changing the costs in the gaul template.

1 hour ago, LordGood said:

Specialized decal would really bring an air of functionality to this building. What do you think of a shingle roof? We’re still lacking in those

Sure what do you have in mind for the decal ? Anything we already have or something new ? (I just use it so we don't see the foundations below.

About the shingle roof I don't know I guess we could put it over the wooden entrance. But I think it will look bad replacing the hay roof.

• 1 month later...

I talked with an archeologist that worked on Corent and he told me that the theatron is looking nice like this. They have found shield bosses in the location of the hemicycle and the idea of shields in front of the rows are plausible. They also found a Coolus helmet imported from Italy there, dated from the very beginning of the 1st century BC. The idea of a political and military assembly are indeed the prefered hypothesis.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Genava55 said:

I talked with an archeologist that worked on Corent and he told me that the theatron is looking nice like this. They have found shield bosses in the location of the hemicycle and the idea of shields in front of the rows are plausible. They also found a Coolus helmet imported from Italy there, dated from the very beginning of the 1st century BC. The idea of a political and military assembly are indeed the prefered hypothesis.  

Thanks :) Did they have any comments on the model itself on ways it could be improved ? :) I'm inclined to commit it. My only issue is that once again it might only be used in mods...

1 hour ago, stanislas69 said:

I'll commit it as an Atlas template.

Why not, but I have the same question than Sundiata, why not in the vanilla?

On 3/4/2019 at 9:04 PM, stanislas69 said:

Did they have any comments on the model itself on ways it could be improved ?

He said amphora and imported goods since it is a symbol of prestige and something found on the location. Nothing more. It was a short talk about it, we were busy with the x-ray tomography of a rusty find in Switzerland (I have some experience in x-ray tomography from a previous project).

2 hours ago, Genava55 said:

Why not, but I have the same question than Sundiata, why not in the vanilla?

To be honest it's because I don't play the game enough to have a say in balancing.