Jump to content
borg-

Expansion Pack Mod Release V 1.0.2

Recommended Posts

On 2/5/2019 at 11:49 AM, Glestul said:

Do not get discouraged posting your ideas if this scoffers mock you. I have misspelled peasant for pheasant and instantly i get mocked. 

These are the Toxic Lagger Individuals (TLIN) who stutter our games or play in team games without any skills. Arguing with them is like playing in a stuttering lagging game, you just do not want to share your game with them just like you do not want to share a conversation with them.

welcome to WFG community we have this kind of funny and borg- isn't kind of sensitive.

he even crush other players (in multiplayer) he is very unmerciful. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In phase 2 and 3 could be two techs to increase temple healing radius.

And idea for anti temple, anti temple would be a building that would sicken enemies in its radius or make them walk slower

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was playing a regular version as ptol vs brits and i could not disable ram with 50 pikes, they were just following it, and when it was caught it took forever to kill it.

So on my wish list i am adding three techs, each in one phase to upgrade mele vs rams, so that if one wants he can specialize his civ against killing rams.

I forgot to make elephants but if i could not if no metal then those techs would be useful. 

Another thing it bothers me, is auto unpacking of catapults they should unpack only if ordered so.

Edited by Glestul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gave a try to the mod, but sadly I need to put a wire to have a good connection to the internet.

It's an huge improvement, want to see how evolve the meta of multiplayer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another tech idea for phase one on my wish list.

Tech would be called a Festival or a Celebration.

So in phase one there would be a tech that would cost 500 food and would triple increase  capacity of the houses for a short period of time for next 5 minutes.

The tech would offer risky investment option for fast growth to get ahead of his opponent. One would forgo 500 food and for next 5 minutes would not need invest wood into housing for growth. So one would have to decide at what number of houses to invest in a festival and and what should alternative wood be invested it.

This would be something like  a turbo boost on racing cars, if applied correctly at the right time one would speed up ahead against his opponents but if applied incorrectly at wrong time one would go off road.

Historically kingdoms have organised festivals to increase population. At a festival or a holiday people would come together resulting in making babies resulting on long run making kingdom stronger.

 

Edited by Glestul
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In every phase a tech for reinforcing a cc, 500 stone in first phase 1000 stone in second phase and 1500 stone in third phase, each tech reinforces cc for 50% hit points, if a player does not research tech before he phases up then that tech is no longer available so if player phases up to phase three without first two upgraded he can only do the third one.

A decision in phase one for all civs before any building is made from what material buildings will be constructed, from wood or from stone, if from stone then all buildings have three times greater hit points and are more immune to iberian fire cav, and also much harder to capture. This i imagine like with seleucid tech in castle where its a decision what army will they have, so this decision would be resource free and unreversable. 

In third phase a tech for fire arrows for new unit of archers that  would look like archers but would be like iberian fire cavs. Fire archers would also kill siege.

In third phase a tech for poison arrows for new unit of archers that would look like archers but much more deadly against non champ units.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Glestul said:

In every phase a tech for reinforcing a cc, 500 stone in first phase 1000 stone in second phase and 1500 stone in third phase, each tech reinforces cc for 50% hit points, if a player does not research tech before he phases up then that tech is no longer available so if player phases up to phase three without first two upgraded he can only do the third one.

A decision in phase one for all civs before any building is made from what material buildings will be constructed, from wood or from stone, if from stone then all buildings have three times greater hit points and are more immune to iberian fire cav, and also much harder to capture. This i imagine like with seleucid tech in castle where its a decision what army will they have, so this decision would be resource free and unreversable. 

In third phase a tech for fire arrows for new unit of archers that  would look like archers but would be like iberian fire cavs. Fire archers would also kill siege.

In third phase a tech for poison arrows for new unit of archers that would look like archers but much more deadly against non champ units.

I put tech "poison arrows" in the new version 1.0.3, but only for maiden archers.

About fire arrows, it is very complicated to implement this technology, for many reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, borg- said:

I put tech "poison arrows" in the new version 1.0.3, but only for maiden archers.

About fire arrows, it is very complicated to implement this technology, for many reasons.

what are maiden archers ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Glestul said:

what are maiden archers ?

Maurian champion archer trained by hero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, borg- said:

I put tech "poison arrows" in the new version 1.0.3, but only for maiden archers.

Ooooh, Kushite archers needs this as well! Nice... I think they used the poison of vipers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need to have fire on arrows effect, only an upgrade to damage buildings and siege more, so its just one more choice to make.

Why not put poison arrow tech for all civs ?

Edited by Glestul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Understand that for a game that strives for historical accuracy, that the prevalence of incendiary arrows was far less so than popular culture suggests.  There are rare instances, but even in these cases, they required specialised equipment and typically specialists for that specific purpose.  As for why poison arrows would not be implemented for every civilisation, realise that the game is focussed on accuracy, and unless you can provide plausible evidence for their use amongst the desired factions, they will probably not be incorporated.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I wish there was a way to add bonuses with a tech. For instance, "Steel Arrows" for Mauryans could give a bonus vs. cavalry and elephants, while "Poison Arrows" could make an additional bonus vs. infantry.

I think it can be done. Just set bonus value "0" and give + 1,2,3 etc.. with tech.

Edited by borg-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thorfinn the Shallow Minded said:

Understand that for a game that strives for historical accuracy, that the prevalence of incendiary arrows was far less so than popular culture suggests.  There are rare instances, but even in these cases, they required specialised equipment and typically specialists for that specific purpose.  As for why poison arrows would not be implemented for every civilisation, realise that the game is focussed on accuracy, and unless you can provide plausible evidence for their use amongst the desired factions, they will probably not be incorporated.  

Exactly. All the changes I made in my mod I always try to base historical.

Exist historical evidence of maurian archers using poison arrows.

Edited by borg-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thorfinn the Shallow Minded said:

Understand that for a game that strives for historical accuracy, that the prevalence of incendiary arrows was far less so than popular culture suggests.  There are rare instances, but even in these cases, they required specialised equipment and typically specialists for that specific purpose.  As for why poison arrows would not be implemented for every civilisation, realise that the game is focussed on accuracy, and unless you can provide plausible evidence for their use amongst the desired factions, they will probably not be incorporated.  

Its just semantics, they not be called poison arrows, it just sounds better, it can be called advanced arrows or whatever arrows, i just wish more upgrades, i dont care how are called.

Another thing i think would be great if any civ could play with other civs specifics , for example if one civ would destroy anothers civ cc, from that point on the that civ could also use all techs of the destroyed cc civ.  Like in  command and conquer has when you send engineer into enemy building and acquire enemys tech.

For Example, historically Gauls and Egypt never fought i think, but if they did maybe gauls would start to breed elephants for fighting.

Edited by Glestul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think @gaiusalready implemented fire arrows in his mods, maybe like iberian javelins, but they are seriously op, nothing survives a large archer army.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, borg- said:

Exactly. All the changes I made in my mod I always try to base historical

hilarious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×