Borg Expansion Pack Mod Release V 1.0.5

borg-

I don't think any cavalry should counter elephants, but overall this is a big improvement over the current public mod. Not as awesome as Delenda Est, but awesome nonetheless. ;)

IMHO the Skiritai need a rework, but I'm not sure if that's a whole other subject.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I don't think any cavalry should counter elephants, but overall this is a big improvement over the current public mod. Not as awesome as Delenda Est, but awesome nonetheless. ;)

IMHO the Skiritai need a rework, but I'm not sure if that's a whole other subject.

Nooo, is better than Dalenda Est hahaha. 

Well, are different proposals, is a gameplay/balance mod, I can not add things beyond what is necessary. 

Dalenda is open to all this and of course is a great mod, I had many ideas taken from the Dalenda, so tnx!!!

This last version is actually very good, and has a giant leap compared to version 1.0.4. I'm looking forward to everyone playing soon.

Edited by borg-
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

his counters was/are better but... But I'm not testing the last version.

I agree with borg , he just can't add Terra magna factions and rest of things.

In fact they are very similar counters, the difference is that he uses slight counter and I use hard counter.

In my mod there are the natural counter, for example, in dalenda mod, infantry swordsmen has bonus vs all infantry, in my mod, he has natural infantry counter because your status. The same happens with spear cav, in dalenda, they have a bonus vs ranged infantry, in my mod this happens naturally.

Me and @ValihrAnt did some testing this week, 40 swordsmen vs 40 spearmen, remais about 18 swordsmen. 40 spear cavalry vs 40 ranged infantry, remains about 25 spear cavalry. So it's not necessary to give these bonuses, preventing them from getting more confusing to new players.

I forgot to mention that to some exceptions in the new version based on design document.

For example, spartan spartiates has a bonus of 1.25x vs infantry too. 

Iber skimirsher rank 3 have flaming darts, bonus vs buildings.

There are also some differences between units too, athen/sparta citizen hoplite has +5% health than other spearmen.

Persian spearmen has less damage, but great pierce armour and a aura to protect archers.

Persian immortal can change weapons, spear/archery.

Gauls can build blacksmith in village phase.

Well, there are many details for this new version, which can only be tree tech.

Edited by borg-
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

but it feels unlike , vanilla ?

Probably this my greatest worry.

At this point (counter system) it is the only unit that remains "equal" to the vanilla, but are stronger unit than vanilla. Swordsmen cavalry can do much damage if used correctly.

Edited by borg-
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ffffffff said:

put same height same width. really not hard. this happen at u.

When I altered number of icones, the dimensions had to be changed too.

The current dimensions of vannila do not work with larger number of icons.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<object name="unitConstructionPanel"
    size="10 12 100% 100%"
>
    <object size="0 0 100% 100%">
    <repeat count="24">
        <object name="unitConstructionButton[n]" hidden="true" style="iconButton" type="button" size="0 0 46 46" tooltip_style="sessionToolTipBottom">
        <object name="unitConstructionIcon[n]" type="image" ghost="true" size="3 3 43 43"/>
        </object>
    </repeat>
    </object>
</object>

It looks like the original size is not an exact square.

2 hours ago, borg- said:

It looks like the original size is not an exact square. 

Actually it is:

2 hours ago, borg- said:

<object name="unitConstructionIcon[n]" type="image" ghost="true" size="3 3 43 43"/>

i.e. 40×40.

47 minutes ago, nani said:

Only option is to make them smaller :drukqs:

Which is what I did in my mod ( https://github.com/0abc/0abc-a23 ) to accomodate 4×10=40 icons, with squares of 32×32.