Sign in to follow this  
borg-

Borg Expansion Pack Mod Release V 1.0.5

12 minutes ago, borg- said:

in multiplayer games, we use the capture of houses to be able to build an outpost within enemy territory lul

in AoE I love use rush tower.... and some alphas ago I did that... but that is multiplayer and other kind of gaming less role playing.

• Like 1

at last my gameplay, sorry if is humble... (player and no so pro , but I don't like competitive gaming)

the interesting things start to happen from min 45. @borg-

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, borg- said:

In new version i make standart units for all civs (with some exceptions).

All civs in p1, have infantry spear (anti cav), archer or slinger (anti melee infantry) and javelinist cav (anti archer/slinger).

Seleucids and ptolemeus have cav archer (anti melee infantry) so they have javelins infantry than archer or slingers.

I created some diversities based on the bonus for some civilizations, example, romans can make infantry sword in p1. Macedonia can make pikemen on p1 (pikeman cost 60f 60w, is like a spearmen but better), etc.

I hope some developers are paying attention to this thread - there is no way this mod should be rolled up into Alpha - it completely changes the game that we are all playing right now, Borg has reworked the entire game, all the historical research is out the window, the original concept of the game is out the window...he has basically changed everything...

• Haha 1

How about a fully fledged simulated economy with supply chains and a civilian NPC population, from which you recruit your player controlled military units (which can then only be used to fight and build military structures). And add a call to arms button to call up a certain percentage of the NPC citizens as an emergency militia unit which can then be controlled directly as well. 

Spoiler

Boardroom_Suggestion_Icon.jpg.a9eaadc9e8285ac7711284a37338ac1c.jpg

hoycrash.jpg.44d292de6bae441a88e9166651cf5a2b.jpg

:P 

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

How about a fully fledged simulated economy with supply chains and a civilian NPC population, from which you recruit your player controlled military units (which can then only be used to fight and build military structures). And add a call to arms button to call up a certain percentage of the NPC citizens as an emergency militia unit which can then be controlled directly as well. 

Hide contents

Jason Lee Smile GIF

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, StopKillingMe said:

I hope some developers are paying attention to this thread - there is no way this mod should be rolled up into Alpha - it completely changes the game that we are all playing right now, Borg has reworked the entire game, all the historical research is out the window, the original concept of the game is out the window...he has basically changed everything...

Quite the contrary, I did everything historically based.

Macedonias fighting with pikemens. 

The greatest Roman weapon was his phalanx with sword and shield. Vanilla romans can train swordmen in phase 1.

Seleucids and ptol have archer cav on vanilla. 

More some things about the mod, spartan have ranged infantry heliot slaves, slingers and javelins (spartan ranged units was composed by "slaves" helots.)

Romans are the only civilization that can train mercenaries on barrack (slinger and archer)(auxiliary troops).

It's already clear to everyone here that you have nothing useful to present and empty arguments, the only thing you want with this is pursue me.

Anyway as I said, this is a topic to discuss about the mod, and it should not be implemented or not to the vanilla. For this you can create a topic for this. Thank you!!!

Edited by borg-
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, borg- said:

You tried to capture than attack?

I try all. but sometimes I forgot because stress to think many things to same time.

I use the hero but I can't down a single one, they are more powerful than a tower.

image.png.b625bf1c2a112a1c814d16f5fa8a9440.png

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

@borg- I found. the problem with catapults. is a bug when they change to pack to unpacked the unit ai tries  to capture instead of killing it.

I'm uploading the record. this time I was careful.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

@StopKillingMe If you want to discuss the merits or bad things about @borg-'s mod, please do so on specific and concrete grounds, and not just some generic "it's not the way it used to be" or "it doesn't say things this way in the design document". Nothing holds any value on its own, if you can't explain why there is less reason to mention it at all than if you can explain why your point should be taken seriously. And also more specifically in this thread, the Design Document etc doesn't really matter, what matters is the aspects of the mod borg has created and their merit in and of themselves. If you want to discuss whether or not parts of the mod or the entire mod should be included in the main game, please create a new topic to do so.

• Like 7

I will recommended your mod with my followers. your changes are very interesting.

• Can you check @DarcReaver gameplay design and try to incorpore some go the mod? I made a good quality document with solid arguments. Since I understand his points, I'm very open to their duggesting as well yours or Wowget.... are best guy to argue with this matter.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

I will recommended your mod with my followers. your changes are very interesting.

• Can you check @DarcReaver gameplay design and try to incorpore some go the mod? I made a good quality document with solid arguments. Since I understand his points, I'm very open to their duggesting as well yours or Wowget.... are best guy to argue with this matter.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I will certainly look at the document made by @DarcReaver. Where can I find your document @Lion.Kanzen??

52 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

I'm not sure if this is the complete one...

This one was just about the resources. My other ones should be available here:

Also had some other posts somewhere

• Like 2

The armor thing is rather trivial to implement. Not sure if that makes much sense without formations though.

• Like 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mount_Gindarus

When the Parthians got to the town, which sat on a small hill, they encountered Roman legions confidently formed in battle order on the slopes. The Parthians rushed to attack - whether this order came from Pacorus or was a spontaneous charge is unknown. In any case, Ventidius ordered his troops, who had the advantage of high ground, to attack the horse-archers advancing up the slope. The horse-archers were forced into close-quartered combat against the legionaries and suffered heavily for it, for they were unsuited for such combat. The Parthian cavalry's will eventually broke and panic spread, many of the horse archers being driven down the slope where they crashed into their fellows in their desperation to escape. The horse-archers eventually fled or fell. Parthian heavy cavalry, which was stationed at the bottom of the hill, was enveloped and surrounded by the legionaries. Instead of immediately attacking with the legionaries, Ventidius made use of his slingers to rain down projectiles on the Parthian heavy cavalry, which included Pacorus himself. 

Who vs Who?  can a army of slingers defeat an army of Cataphracts?

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

On 1/27/2019 at 8:02 AM, elexis said:
  On 1/17/2019 at 11:09 AM, borg- said:

I have as main objective that this patch / mod is implemented to the a24, if this is the desire of the majority.

My feedback on your mod is pretty simple:

Giving all civs common startup techs from the CC, and removing the ability to train citizen soldiers from the CC.

IMO, this is a considerable mistake.  The male units that train from the CC are not the same for every civ, some can train skirmishers, some archers, some swordsman, some slingers, etc.  You've removed a feature that makes 0ad unique.  It now takes an incredible amount of time, and wood - to get up a barracks, an archery range, and a stable - in order to make the units that in vanilla you can make from the CC if you want.  Even worse, if your starting horseman dies, you can't create another one until you get up a stable.

IMO, the startup of phase of 0ad does not need to be changed.  Taking away the ability of the players to make citizen soldiers and Cav that can hunt from the CC is not something that in my opinion needs to be done.

1 hour ago, borg- said:

Thank you for keeping this in evidence.

borg  you are doing the correct thing, if this idea isn't good, probably nobodies care or spread hate. your idea left no one indifferent.

54 minutes ago, StopKillingMe said:

My feedback on your mod is pretty simple:

Giving all civs common startup techs from the CC, and removing the ability to train citizen soldiers from the CC.

IMO, this is a considerable mistake.  The male units that train from the CC are not the same for every civ, some can train skirmishers, some archers, some swordsman, some slingers, etc.  You've removed a feature that makes 0ad unique.  It now takes an incredible amount of time, and wood - to get up a barracks, an archery range, and a stable - in order to make the units that in vanilla you can make from the CC if you want.  Even worse, if your starting horseman dies, you can't create another one until you get up a stable.

IMO, the startup of phase of 0ad does not need to be changed.  Taking away the ability of the players to make citizen soldiers and Cav that can hunt from the CC is not something that in my opinion needs to be done.

Thank you for keeping mod in evidence.

Edited by borg-
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, borg- said:

Actually I do not care because he's doing it based on an old version of a mod that is under construction and ever changing. Besides the only one who knows about all the changes is me. That's why I used the word "ridiculous." But this is even good, it will save me a lot of time when I'm finished mod and need to do the documentation.

I gonna use my new building(s) in your mod, if you want an icon for your mod, tell me. even i can try make sounds.