Borg Expansion Pack Mod Release V 1.0.5

borg-

1 hour ago, (-_-) said:

Population growth should not depend on the number of training facilities. It would be nice if unit count does not depend on clicks. But rather, controlling their specialty is. Giving 2 bows to an archer would not make him shoot any faster. I have no idea how to bring such a thing into a game. 

The Imperivm games come to mind (or at least 1, 2 and 3 do, I haven't played the later ones).

The basic idea is that you don't have a pop cap, instead you have a population resource. There is also a target population number. The  population resource will increase if it is below the target, or decrease if it is above.

To create units you need to consume this population resource. So you can spam for a while, but eventually you will run out of this resource, and so you need to wait for it to regenerate.

• Like 2

the current capture system is also a disaster.

Why capture houses? is the most unnecessary thing I saw.
too much time lost, trying to manage the units, avoiding that they do not mess up and capture towers impossible to capture, useless houses.

I have to be changing the stay each batch or individual unit.

i am concerned about siege units warfare, cavalry should (especially champions, catafract style and agema cavalry should fight easy against a couple of catapults.

you have to purify that part of the shock cavalry. the archers are good at killing my pikemen, I like that, lose units in consistent ways.

the champion elephant looks like a tank just with spades I put it down, I don't know what to think about that. 

i played very confident my last time. knowing that i lowered the quality of my ally (ai defensive). I almost lost an entire city.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

the current capture system is also a disaster.

Why capture houses? is the most unnecessary thing I saw.
too much time lost, trying to manage the units, avoiding that they do not mess up and capture towers impossible to capture, useless houses.

I have to be changing the stay each batch or individual unit.

i am concerned about siege units warfare, cavalry should (especially champions, catafract style and agema cavalry should fight easy against a couple of catapults.

you have to purify that part of the shock cavalry. the archers are good at killing my pikemen, I like that, lose units in consistent ways.

the champion elephant looks like a tank just with spades I put it down, I don't know what to think about that.

i played very confident my last time. knowing that i lowered the quality of my ally. i almost lost an entire city.

I did not make changes to the current capture system. The only change I made was to decrease the regen rate of the towers from 0.5 to 0.4. It must be easier to coapturel than vanilla. There are also two capture techs and some heroes and carnyx have capture aura.
I do not know how far I can give a bonus against sieges for the cavalry. Currently 5 - 6 cavalry sword can down a catapult easily if it has no protection. I need to see this very well so as not to make them useless.
About the elephants, in the new version, I decrease their health and also put as a priority attacking units and not constructions.

Tnx for feedbacks!!!

Edited by borg-

4 minutes ago, borg- said:

About the elephants, in the new version, I decrease their health and also put as a priority attacking units and not constructions.

Nice. That's what I did in Delenda Est as well.

<PreferredClasses datatype="tokens">Soldier Gates</PreferredClasses>
      <RestrictedClasses datatype="tokens">MercenaryCamp Ship</RestrictedClasses>

I also removed their crush attack and went strictly with hack attack. You'll see there too that I restricted melee units from attacking ships. It solved some weird unit behaviors on naval maps where melee units would try to reach enemy ships within vision range only to then get stuck at the shoreline to get massacred by ship arrows.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, borg- said:

I did not make changes to the current capture system. The only change I made was to decrease the regen rate of the towers from 0.5 to 0.4. It must be easier to coapturel than vanilla

yes I'm said that, you must change that because vanilla... fails that. I mean that will be fixed in your mod, delenda est for example , the houses are part of territory, I exploit the vanilla traping bettwen gaps or alleys enemy , so they get stuck. (early game) and my towers take them down.

I do not know how far I can give a bonus against sieges for the cavalry. Currently 5 - 6 cavalry sword can down a catapult easily if it has no protection. I need to see this very well so as not to make them useless

Seleucids and Ptolemies haven't cavalry  swords. they have lancer cavalry (heavy). my ally for example destroy the rest of the enemy with simple ram spamming.

13 minutes ago, borg- said:

Heroe Elephant to be clear vs 23 pikeman  or more and other classes (slingers, archers and spear cavalry). I said may be can be good may be can be OP.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Seleucids and Ptolemies haven't cavalry  swords. they have lancer cavalry (heavy). my ally for example destroy the rest of the enemy with simple ram spamming.

All melee cav should have some bonus vs. siege, IMHO.

@borg- please tell me you increased the attack speed of spear cav.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Nice. That's what I did in Delenda Est as well.

<PreferredClasses datatype="tokens">Soldier Gates</PreferredClasses>
      <RestrictedClasses datatype="tokens">MercenaryCamp Ship</RestrictedClasses>

I also removed their crush attack and went strictly with hack attack. You'll see there too that I restricted melee units from attacking ships. It solved some weird unit behaviors on naval maps where melee units would try to reach enemy ships within vision range only to then get stuck at the shoreline to get massacred by ship arrows.

I did a cleanup on the attack of all units, melee units only hack, ranged only pierce, this goes for the elephants too. Crush only for catapults.

About melee units vs ships, very interesting, tnx.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

All melee cav should have some bonus vs. siege, IMHO.

@borg- please tell me you increased the attack speed of spear cav.

Yeah haha, 1.25. Actually I use a standart status for all units. Spear cav uses the same spearmen infantry status, only more health and +1 hack armour. Same for cav archer, jave and sword.

Edited by borg-
  • Like 1

I will add this too: 

Spear units are your basic unit. Almost every civ should have a spear infantry and a spear cavalry. It's the sword units who are like-counters. So, sword infantry should counter spear infantry and sword cavalry can counter spear cavalry in some way (doesn't have to be a hard counter). I don;t necessarily do this, but I think spear cavalry countering sword cavalry doesn't make sense; it's backward. :) Swords > Spears (I know this isn't always the case -- in DE, in one of the few instances where I did extensive countering balance, I went to great pains to make a single swordsman murder a single spearman, but with auras and such I made massed spearmen be able to hold their own against massed swordsmen, still lose but not as badly).

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I will add this too: 

Spear units are your basic unit. Almost every civ should have a spear infantry and a spear cavalry. It's the sword units who are like-counters. So, sword infantry should counter spear infantry and sword cavalry can counter spear cavalry in some way (doesn't have to be a hard counter). I don;t necessarily do this, but I think spear cavalry countering sword cavalry doesn't make sense; it's backward. :) 

In new version i make standart units for all civs (with some exceptions).

All civs in p1, have infantry spear (anti cav), archer or slinger (anti melee infantry) and javelinist cav (anti archer/slinger).

Seleucids and ptolemeus have cav archer (anti melee infantry) so they have javelins infantry than archer or slingers.

I created some diversities based on the bonus for some civilizations, example, romans can make infantry sword in p1. Macedonia can make pikemen on p1 (pikeman cost 60f 60w, is like a spearmen but better), etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, borg- said:

Seleucids and ptolemeus have cav archer (anti melee infantry) so they have javelins infantry than archer or slingers.

yes, but you need micro, (I did that in a previous)  but I try something new this time. same as played before massive pikemen plus cover.

I try capture a very useful strategic stable but... they counter my little move and almost lost a city. but I destroy their best army and They lost everything.

but my goal isn't, is have very good fight and try counters. and your features.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, borg- said:

in multiplayer games, we use the capture of houses to be able to build an outpost within enemy territory lul

in AoE I love use rush tower.... and some alphas ago I did that... but that is multiplayer and other kind of gaming less role playing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, borg- said:

In new version i make standart units for all civs (with some exceptions).

All civs in p1, have infantry spear (anti cav), archer or slinger (anti melee infantry) and javelinist cav (anti archer/slinger).

I created some diversities based on the bonus for some civilizations, example, romans can make infantry sword in p1. Macedonia can make pikemen on p1 (pikeman cost 60f 60w, is like a spearmen but better), etc.

I hope some developers are paying attention to this thread - there is no way this mod should be rolled up into Alpha - it completely changes the game that we are all playing right now, Borg has reworked the entire game, all the historical research is out the window, the original concept of the game is out the window...he has basically changed everything...

• Haha 1

How about a fully fledged simulated economy with supply chains and a civilian NPC population, from which you recruit your player controlled military units (which can then only be used to fight and build military structures). And add a call to arms button to call up a certain percentage of the NPC citizens as an emergency militia unit which can then be controlled directly as well. 

Spoiler

Boardroom_Suggestion_Icon.jpg.a9eaadc9e8285ac7711284a37338ac1c.jpg

hoycrash.jpg.44d292de6bae441a88e9166651cf5a2b.jpg

:P 

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sundiata said:

How about a fully fledged simulated economy with supply chains and a civilian NPC population, from which you recruit your player controlled military units (which can then only be used to fight and build military structures). And add a call to arms button to call up a certain percentage of the NPC citizens as an emergency militia unit which can then be controlled directly as well. 

Hide contents

Jason Lee Smile GIF

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, StopKillingMe said:

I hope some developers are paying attention to this thread - there is no way this mod should be rolled up into Alpha - it completely changes the game that we are all playing right now, Borg has reworked the entire game, all the historical research is out the window, the original concept of the game is out the window...he has basically changed everything...

Quite the contrary, I did everything historically based.

Macedonias fighting with pikemens. 

The greatest Roman weapon was his phalanx with sword and shield. Vanilla romans can train swordmen in phase 1.

Seleucids and ptol have archer cav on vanilla. 

More some things about the mod, spartan have ranged infantry heliot slaves, slingers and javelins (spartan ranged units was composed by "slaves" helots.)

Romans are the only civilization that can train mercenaries on barrack (slinger and archer)(auxiliary troops).

It's already clear to everyone here that you have nothing useful to present and empty arguments, the only thing you want with this is pursue me.

Anyway as I said, this is a topic to discuss about the mod, and it should not be implemented or not to the vanilla. For this you can create a topic for this. Thank you!!!

Edited by borg-
  • Like 2