Borg Expansion Pack Mod Release V 1.0.5

borg-

Couple of things I would again suggest for goodness sake and for Gods sake....

- Allow all Civs to train archers. I don’t mind if Britons and Gauls won’t have at least Anglo Saxons, Byzantine and Norse have it and Mil AD works (though none have stables, archer and workshops yet). This is a game with walls and Romans imo used archers too! If the Civ becomes OP with the addition of this range units then make it very expensive so that MP players won’t train it. But help the common players especially the single player gamers. This would add so much flavor.

- I or maybe some SP gamers or maybe a lot like to really just have fun and far from the more stressful highly competitive games. I would like to have at least a lively base. Anything from eyecandy, regeneration of things or anything that could make your base not a ghost base. 

- One good feature that for some reason and probably the worst imo the devs did was modify the “wololo”! A21 wololo was the best tbh and now it’s A23 and some captured units can only build some structures and can’t even build their houses which has more variations. If it contributes to error I could understand but this feature never had error/s on A21!

DE @wowgetoffyourcellphonehad this capture feature already and idk if @Angen is still on his mod and have A21 wololo system. This can be toggled imo on options and if you want never be allowed on multiplayer at all since cheats are not allowed. 

Sorry if some are off-topic....

But for now your mod is by far working without or if any error occurs it’s very minimal in SP and I have the feeling that this is more fun and many gameplay or strategy is emerging.

One last feature that could do the game a favor is not to allow deletion of units and structures multiplayer games only. Razing is better for use instead of deleting structures. But please allow for SP game since one game could last thousands of hours or could even be infinity.

@Emperior I really like those ideas and had been dreaming of more realistic features. I agree also that when units are trained especially from military buildings it should emerge from the main entrance. This new feature is helping the path finding in some ways but it looks like the pros become more experts and faster than before. The level of playing field would widen and will favor still the fast clicker. The fact that the normal game pace/speed tbh IMO and in my average capability can’t catch up with the best. 

Edited by Servo
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Servo said:

Btw Iberia scout cavalry has bug. It doesn’t gather and carry the full amount. Or is this a feature? I have to re command them to get full capacity. Ops sorry maybe mis clicked. 

It is a "special" unit, it hunts faster and also to carry greater meat capacity.

39 minutes ago, Servo said:

Couple of things I would again suggest for goodness sake and for Gods sake....

- Allow all Civs to train archers. I don’t mind if Britons and Gauls won’t have at least Anglo Saxons, Byzantine and Norse have it and Mil AD works (though none have stables, archer and workshops yet). This is a game with walls and Romans imo used archers too! If the Civ becomes OP with the addition of this range units then make it very expensive so that MP players won’t train it. But help the common players especially the single player gamers. This would add so much flavor.

- I or maybe some SP gamers or maybe a lot like to really just have fun and far from the more stressful highly competitive games. I would like to have at least a lively base. Anything from eyecandy, regeneration of things or anything that could make your base not a ghost base. 

- One good feature that for some reason and probably the worst imo the devs did was modify the “wololo”! A21 wololo was the best tbh and now it’s A23 and some captured units can only build some structures and can’t even build their houses which has more variations. If it contributes to error I could understand but this feature never had error/s on A21!

DE @wowgetoffyourcellphonehad this capture feature already and idk if @Angen is still on his mod and have A21 wololo system. This can be toggled imo on options and if you want never be allowed on multiplayer at all since cheats are not allowed. 

Sorry if some are off-topic....

But for now your mod is by far working without or if any error occurs it’s very minimal in SP and I have the feeling that this is more fun and many gameplay or strategy is emerging.

One last feature that could do the game a favor is not to allow deletion of units and structures multiplayer games only. Razing is better for use instead of deleting structures. But please allow for SP game since one game could last thousands of hours or could even be infinity.

@Emperior I really like those ideas and had been dreaming of more realistic features. I agree also that when units are trained especially from military buildings it should emerge from the main entrance. This new feature is helping the path finding in some ways but it looks like the pros become more experts and faster than before. The level of playing field would widen and will favor still the fast clicker. The fact that the normal game pace/speed tbh IMO and in my average capability can’t catch up with the best. 

We are working on this, I think that all civilizations must have 4 base units, spearmen, swordmen, archer and javelins.

8 hours ago, borg- said:

We are working on this, I think that all civilizations must have 4 base units, spearmen, swordmen, archer and javelins.

Delenda Est makes this happen by making units classes that the civ currently can't train for historical reasons or whatnot into mercenaries available to them at the mercenary camp.

• Like 4

On 1/27/2019 at 9:32 PM, destro said:

and i wonder who drawing this beautiful background art!! it's so beautiful!!

one of 0.a.d art team drawing this??imageproxy.php?img=&key=4309c155facf0c1f

멋져.png

@borg- i Confirm Expansion mod 1.0.2 version doesn't display this beautiful kushites concept illust.

i love this beautiful illust but it seems update is hard...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Glestul said:

Nice Hello

Excellent Expansion Pack

My thoughts and wishes

Phase 1 

I do not like early cav rushing so i would like you add tech "Horsbackriding" cost 250 wood 250 food in phase 1 to enable making horses. First 10 min of game should be fight free.

So if someone would decide to early raid he should be eco penalized for it. Horses should cost more food or for each horse one has, food should diminish by some amount every few seconds.

New techs

Mutually exclusive techs for evolving citizens, making them walk faster, making them carry more, making them have more HP. So when one would decide to upgrade faster walking speed, extra  hit points tech and extra carrying capacity would be gone. and again reappear as option in phase 2 and 3. 

Same mutually exclusive techs for fighting skills , for archers for example, tech for making them have longer range, shooting faster, making them have more damage, in all three phases

Same for close combat fighters , tech for more hit points , faster combat, more damage so on 

Tech Fake citizen, with this tech citizen of opponent would be created that would have colors of opponent that would be controlled by player or by opponent. This unit would be sent to work to opponent if he would not notice and just work there and be controlled by opponent, fake citizen would give his vision to player. This units should be only available in phase 1 and only one per opponent. Cost 300 food.

Some special tech (wonder tech)  then only the first person to research it would have its bonus. This bonus should be important so players would race to get get it. Maybe 10 % more health on all units.

Each phase should have at least one special tech like  that, that only the first person to research it gets it.

Time limited techs that are available only by some time first 10 min for phase one first 15 min for phase 2 and so on. after time expires so do the tech. that would be another incentive for players to race to another phase and choose between getting bigger early or more advanced fast. 

New buildings

Forester building, when build trees would grow in its radius, like settler 3 has. 

Chicken Farm, that when build makes chickens without input like coral

Granary building, when build and if player would have 500 food stored, then citizen would cost half price.

Berry bush Farm, around it berry bush and fruit trees would grow.

Phase 2

New Techs 

More tower tech, making them stronger, harder to capture, shooting faster, greater sight, longer range so on. 

New Buildings

Bank when build if player would have such and such amount of "metal- gold" stored, then building would generate more meata- gold. For example first level 500 metal stored. Second bank 1000 metal stored, third bank 2000 metal stored. If bank would be captured by opponent he would receive all amount from all banks player had. 

Grater House that enables 20 more pop. 100 wood 100 metal

Keep, looking same as tower, having 10 units inside. 

Magic building, enabling building a magician ,and magic techs.

New units

Caravan guardian , some unit attached to caravan to protect it.

Magician, magician would be able to sicken the opponents , one or group at a time. Or be able to transmute resources for example 500 wood and 500 stone to 250 metal, like settlers 3 have. I do not think having magician is unrealistic, back in 0ad most people believed in magic and they had magicians in place, its like ancient scientist.

Phase 3

New Tech 

Some wonder tech that only the first to research it gets its bonus. 

New Buildings

Deep gold mine, building to generate metal, there should also be tech to upgrade the speed of generating .

And also deep stone mine building.

Tavern for heroes building , where special heroes can be hired by anyone. When this hero dies anyone is able to hire him again, whoever first sees him available  again.

Those heroes could be from non playable civs and new units.

Few techs to strengthen to mobile towers as they die too fast. Upgraded should last longer. 

New units

zombie, any unit that has been turned into by magician. When a zombie kills any unit that unit also turns into zombie. zombie would be gaia controlled. zombie should be a little stronger than pheasant. so if magician would turn one women working on field into a zombie then very soon the whole field would be filled with zombies, like in they are billions.

This is my great wish in 0ad to have zombies . 

Sharpshooter archer, that can kill with one hit, takes longer to reload, has long range and miss 50 % of time if not upgraded, only few of those should be on a map.

Maybe some wonder unit like Mega ram, twice the size or thrice the size. 

General changes 

Metal should be renamed gold, name metal ruins the immersion.

Women should not be able to dismantling rams.

Non deteriorating spikes and having them inside border.

Slinger shooting speed reduced.

Al lot more new techs so that game feels like player is evolving his civ as he decides on tech choices and less feeling like game goes on a rails every time and each. 

Chapms should be strong like in alpha 20.

I like very much your Expansion Pack.

Thank you for your feedback and ideas.

3 hours ago, Glestul said:

champs should defeat peasants with ease

The Pheasant Wars shall not be forgotten! History shall not be rewritten! 

1082783780_Pheasantwars.jpg.30e6c99f802cfd1f142eebc6d24ef2cc.jpg

1 hour ago, Glestul said:

Can you please Create 3 new units i desire, a black bear, a sabertooth lion and a Wooly mammoth.

I'm sorry, I cannot... But if you want more pictures of pheasants I'm your guy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/30/2019 at 1:51 PM, borg- said:

It is a "special" unit, it hunts faster and also to carry greater meat capacity.

Reworking all civs so all of them has the same units its a bad idea, if understand it correctly. Currently all civs are special in their own way and all of them has pluses and negatives. Hopefully the last sentance of this quote won't be added.

Edited by Emperior
  • Like 1

@Emperior Base units for all civs brings more fun for SP games. Statistics or costs for added base units doesn’t need to be the same. For example on the movie series I watched about Rome Caesar has archer units. If archers are to be added to Romans it doesn’t need to be same costs as Mauryan, it can be doubled or it can be less effective so that it won’t be a goto unit for them. Just to have some added flavor to at least deploy them on walls or towers (tower meta is unrealistic as they fire arrows without garrison or effect on unit numbers, DE has). 

Same as any other units whether infantry or cavalry. For example whether Athens use or did not use cavalry champs historically it can be added too at maybe very high cost that MP gamers won’t really be using due to cost prohibition. But for SP games they will be awesome! 

We are aware that very few good players win using lots of champs nowadays except that Iberian have a very good chance to make a difference in the endgame (on team games). . Feldfeid is experimenting on his mod and it looks really promising revitalizing the game to induce the use of champs again rather than relying on unrealistic use of siege weapons. Nowadays some good players are transitioning their games to dominate early on and continue to maintain that early strategic military gains to subdue opponents. This is an indication that the game meta is improving albeit slowly by distancing from easy spam to a more fluid tactical and strategic gameplay. With this the game could be more fun and may exceed the average game length beyond 30 minutes. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Glestul said:

Do not get discouraged posting your ideas if this scoffers mock you. I have misspelled peasant for pheasant and instantly i get mocked. 

I was honestly just having a bit of a laugh, I didn't mean to offend or belittle you. Everybody makes spelling mistakes, myself included.

I just thought the idea of a hoplite trashing a pheasant was funny, that's all.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glestul said:

Rushers are basically a one trick pony , they make 10 cavs and rush and thats the game, if they manage to cripple you they go hunt do more cavs do more crippling and thats the game.

Basically their game is to stay in phase one whole game with minimum upgrades a and basic cav unit in mass numbers. And thats a game. 

I really am a rush defender, I think it's part of every rts game.

What I think should not happen is the rush always with the same unit in all games.

This happens in the current vanilla version, where most 1v1 has rush cavalry, and this is a problem that does not happen in the mod. You can still rush with cavalry and win the game, but it's not an easy like vanilla, and you may need more units to support.

• Like 1

I also did this topic, if it helps. Because now we will have hard counters, filling the tech tree could help balance, while I think that every civ shouldn't have every unit avaliable.

Like AoE 2, civ unique bonus and unique techs, and avaliability certain research, could make differenced between the ssme kind of units, making emphasis on some of them, while allowing a variety of strategies

It's very far from the quality of @Genava55 or @Sundiata research, but here it's 

• Like 2