LordGood

Black powder test

That's really fantastic! 

I had the uncontrollable urge to play "When Johnny Comes Marching Home" a couple times in a row today. I wonder why... Anyway, Hurrah, Hurrah! 

By the way, I misread the title of this thread and spontaneously imagined Stokely Carmichael tapping his microphone at a rally in the 1960's. darn those Freudian slips...

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll be honest with you, my files are in a 'by any and means necessary' state

including ignoring most of the the simulation tree. I'll brush it up and maybe make a cheat unit of it :P

that way any future mods have some standard rifleman assets to use

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, LordGood said:

including ignoring most of the the simulation tree. I'll brush it up and maybe make a cheat unit of it :P

Sounds great !

4 hours ago, LordGood said:

That sounds awesome!

On 1/17/2019 at 1:07 PM, LordGood said:

Yes! This is what the game needs more of. How many features does the engine have, yet the game has no entity that utilizes it, I wonder.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 12:38 PM, LordGood said:

Horrendously hacky but it works

Here is where the game could show off its dual attack mode system whenever it gets one. For ranged units such as these, if the target is too close they switch to bayonet melee mode. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Here is where the game could show off its dual attack mode system whenever it gets one. For ranged units such as these, if the target is too close they switch to bayonet melee mode. 

I want this a lot too as well, that is why I keep harassing @bb_ about #2577 and #252 :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2019 at 8:47 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Yes! This is what the game needs more of. How many features does the engine have, yet the game has no entity that utilizes it, I wonder.

This isn't an engine feature lol, its a hack, a very sloppy workaround that abuses particle emitters and hidden skeletons. Proper support would be nice but this will have to do as a proof of concept. It follows all the 'rules' so it's more or less future proof for modders, which was my biggest concern. Proper single-particle emitters would of course increase performance by negating the need for hidden emitters.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LordGood said:

Proper support would be nice but this will have to do as a proof of concept.

Is there already a ticket stating the needs?

If not, you should probably create one.

1 hour ago, wackyserious said:

I smell samuraiiiiii.... :drool:

What the Age of War late 15th century Nihon after the introduction of firearms leading up to the expulsion of all non Japanese .

Enjoy the Choice :)

On 1/20/2019 at 6:45 PM, LordGood said:

This isn't an engine feature lol, its a hack, a very sloppy workaround that abuses particle emitters and hidden skeletons. Proper support would be nice but this will have to do as a proof of concept. It follows all the 'rules' so it's more or less future proof for modders, which was my biggest concern. Proper single-particle emitters would of course increase performance by negating the need for hidden emitters.

A duration tag could be added to particles. Assuming a lot of these hacks you're talking about are for the gunpowder smoke.

• Thanks 1

there's a hard crash with no log when my black powder units take to walls with another enemy unit immediately in range, any idea as to why this is the case?

22 minutes ago, LordGood said:

there's a hard crash with no log when my black powder units take to walls with another enemy unit immediately in range, any idea as to why this is the case?

Well with the files maybe :)