Black powder test

LordGood

That's really fantastic! 

I had the uncontrollable urge to play "When Johnny Comes Marching Home" a couple times in a row today. I wonder why... Anyway, Hurrah, Hurrah! 

By the way, I misread the title of this thread and spontaneously imagined Stokely Carmichael tapping his microphone at a rally in the 1960's. darn those Freudian slips...

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, LordGood said:

I'll be honest with you, my files are in a 'by any and means necessary' state

including ignoring most of the the simulation tree. I'll brush it up and maybe make a cheat unit of it :P

that way any future mods have some standard rifleman assets to use

Sounds great !

On 1/17/2019 at 1:07 PM, LordGood said:

including ignoring most of the the simulation tree. I'll brush it up and maybe make a cheat unit of it :P

that way any future mods have some standard rifleman assets to use

Yes! This is what the game needs more of. How many features does the engine have, yet the game has no entity that utilizes it, I wonder.

3 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Here is where the game could show off its dual attack mode system whenever it gets one. For ranged units such as these, if the target is too close they switch to bayonet melee mode. 

I want this a lot too as well, that is why I keep harassing @bb_ about #2577 and #252 :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:53 AM, stanislas69 said:

I want this a lot too as well, that is why I keep harassing @bb_ about #2577 and #252 :D

would be cool if there was support for an animation for switching ranges, (eg. a skirmisher visibly drawing a knife when entering melee)

On 1/19/2019 at 8:47 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Yes! This is what the game needs more of. How many features does the engine have, yet the game has no entity that utilizes it, I wonder.

This isn't an engine feature lol, its a hack, a very sloppy workaround that abuses particle emitters and hidden skeletons. Proper support would be nice but this will have to do as a proof of concept. It follows all the 'rules' so it's more or less future proof for modders, which was my biggest concern. Proper single-particle emitters would of course increase performance by negating the need for hidden emitters.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2019 at 6:45 PM, LordGood said:

This isn't an engine feature lol, its a hack, a very sloppy workaround that abuses particle emitters and hidden skeletons. Proper support would be nice but this will have to do as a proof of concept. It follows all the 'rules' so it's more or less future proof for modders, which was my biggest concern. Proper single-particle emitters would of course increase performance by negating the need for hidden emitters.

A duration tag could be added to particles. Assuming a lot of these hacks you're talking about are for the gunpowder smoke.

• Thanks 1