Applying for c++/javascript/artist contribution

tatsu

Hi all. 

I'd like to contribute to this game. I feel this could be a great opportunity to learn C++, I've done two years of frontend javascript at a firm so I can help with javascript I'm also an ex graphic artist so I can help with the art as well. 

I'd also love to code some AI.

I don't want to be abandoned to my own devices, though.

If there's anyone willing to hop into a voichat of any prescription and code by my side it'd be most appreciated.

I've successfully pulled the project from svn, built it, tested it and ran it, I'm using visual code so far but wondering if I should switch to Clion and also what tools I would need for the art and 3D work.

Thanks

• Like 1

For the Art tools most of us tend to stay with Open source ie: blender,Gimp/Krita and inkscape as for a your build tools Clion would most likely be over kill ;) Codeblocks works quite well under both Linux/Win10 as long as you use VS2015 as the compiler on Windows.

Enjoy the Choice :) 

• Thanks 1

Hello and welcome to the forums.

As @Loki1950 said we mostly use open source solutions for the price and convenience. Also because they are less likely to have shady conditions such as the one that makes the student version of 3Dsmax incompatible with our license.

So blender gimp krita is good.

For us to use your art you will have to sign the legal waiver. 

For the programming part just look at simple tickets on Trac. I'm not available on audio chats due to time constraints but you can ask all your questions here or on Irc and soon on matrix and discord.

Clion is up to your liking and your finances. Windows devs use mostly visual studio so you're more likely to get help with it :)

• Like 1

Just now, coworotel said:

I'm also interested on that, and I have noticed that there are some other people too. My plan is to start to study Petra and slowly write some kind of AI how-to for 0 A.D. I haven't gone too far yet though.

That would be very much welcome :)

• Like 1