0AD Economy Simulation Mod

Monder87

7 minutes ago, Monder87 said:

Thanks to @Sundiata and @wowgetoffyourcellphone to contribute with Kush and Athens.

As promised added both Kush and Athens cities names:

1633977341_ScreenShot2019-04-20at1_52_22PM.thumb.png.36e60a410097477f0a25f7c7e67e746b.png

1205602415_ScreenShot2019-04-20at1_34_46PM.thumb.png.fa06b51d7d330afd47252ab558b484a9.png

3 Done and 10 to do, please contribute !

• Athenians V
  • Britons
  • Carthaginians V
  • Gauls
  • Iberians
  • Kushites V
  • Macedonians
  • Mauryans
  • Persians
  • Ptolemies
  • Romans
  • Seleucids
  • Spartans

Ptolemies:

Alexandria

Naucratis

Ptolemais Hermiou

Rosetta

Heliopolis

Crocodilopolis

Heracleopolis

Cyrene

Pelusium

Gaza

Arsinoe

Berenice

Persians;

Persepolis

Pasargadae

Ecbatana

Susa

Babylon

Sardis

Arachosia

Areia

Phrada

Zariaspa

Jerusalem

• Like 2

For the Gauls:

• Alesia
  • Avaricum
  • Bibracte
  • Cenabum
  • Corent
  • Divodurum
  • Genava
  • Gergovia
  • Itius
  • Lutetia
  • Noviodunum
  • Samarobriva
  • Uxellodunum
  • Vesontio

I'm sure @Genava55 can provide some good British sites, or add some other Gallic ones.

@Nescio & @Anaxandridas ho Skandiates can provide good Spartan and Macedonian ones. 

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 3

Thanks for the contributions!!  i really appreciated that, i will add all cities names soon.

Now a small but very hard to code update... i finally finished the economy chart in the city economy panel :heat: , now the user can track all the stats of consumption and production of the city economy,  with real time graph and trending percentage.

In addition in the chart is possible to select which interval and period to define better the dataset. 

The interval is basically the timeframe in which the data is being recorded, in other words the y value of each data point is the amount of consumptions or productions had in the timeframe defined by the interval ( in our case we can select just between total city lifetime or daily )

The period instead is the timeframe defined in the X axis, and it define from when we want to visualize the data, is divided in days (1 day = 10 minutes gameplay) , in our panel we can select between total city lifetime, or last 30 days( 1 month)

So with these setting we got 4 combination of dataset:

Interval: Total  

Period: Total

Being the Interval  timeframe the total city lifetime, the values are always positive or equal to zero. This set define all the consumption and production had from the start to now, and indicate the actual grow percent in the last 10 minute game ( last day in the game )

1009073154_ScreenShot2019-04-21at9_35_27AM.thumb.png.43503f6a59990abbbb932d95e7c9515d.png

Interval: Total

Period: Month

Like before the values are always positive or equal to zero. This set define all the consumption and production had from the last 30 days ( 1 month = . 300 min game) , and indicate the actual grow percent in the last 10 minute game ( last day in the game ). This is like the dataset defined before but zoomed in the last 30 days.

722399427_ScreenShot2019-04-21at9_35_44AM.thumb.png.37fc7ad799136801eb12a4d1812d40f7.png

Interval: Daily

Period: Total

Here the interval is 1 day, each data point show the amount added each day,  when the amount is the same for each day we see a horizontal line, when increase is a spike and when decrease  it go down. 

The period Total means from the beginning when the city is being created until now.Also here the trend is being calculated in the last 10 min game.

1624415511_ScreenShot2019-04-21at9_36_28AM.thumb.png.0c080123acd6ef7432cc755b221266e0.png

Interval: Daily

Period: Month

Same like before but zoomed in the last 30 days. As you can see in the graph above i recorded a total of 520 days, so once we see the last 30 days and we zoom on it look very different.

913865648_ScreenShot2019-04-21at9_37_24AM.thumb.png.d53f734975c99afe39c45f502196805e.png

Now having consumption and production for each city i can define the prices of each product, and add them in the economy panel. That will be next step

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gauls: (I took the list of Sundiata and put their gallic names)

Spoiler

Alesia (tribe=Mandubii; today=Alise-Sainte-Reine)

Auaricon (tribe=Bituriges; today=Bourges)

Bibracte (tribe=Aedui; today=mont Beuvray)

Cenabon (tribe=Carnutes; today=Orléans)

Nemossos (tribe=Arverni; today=Corent)

Diuoduron (tribe=Mediomatrici; today=Metz)

Genaua (tribe=Allobrogi; today=Geneva)

Gergouia (tribe=Arverni; today=Merdogne)

Lutetia (tribe=Parisi; today=Paris)

Nouiodunon (tribe=Suessiones; today=Pommiers)

Samarobriua (tribe=Ambiani; today=Amiens)

Uxellodunon (tribe=Cadurci; today= Puy d'Issolud)

Uesontion (tribe=Sequani; today=Besançon)

Ganoduron (tribe=Helveti; today=Kandern)

Mediolanon (tribe=Insubri; today=Milan)

Britons :

Spoiler

Camulodunon (tribe=Trinovantes; today=Colchester)

Uerlamion (tribe=Catuvellauni; today=St Albans)

Bagendon (tribe=Dobunni; today=Cirencester)

Eboracon (tribe=Brigantes; today=York)

Carbantorion (tribe=Selgovae; today=Haugh of Urr maybe)

Colanica (tribe=D A M N onii; today=Broomholm maybe)

Calleua (tribe=Atrebates; today=Silchester)

Moridunon (tribe=Demetae; today=Merlin's hill)

Segontion (tribe=Ordovices; today=Caernarfon)

Lindon (tribe=Coritani; today=Lincoln)

Edited by Genava55
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Genava55 said:

Gauls: (I took the list of Sundiata and put their gallic names)

Hide contents

Alesia (tribe=Mandubii; today=Alise-Sainte-Reine)

Avaricon (tribe=Bituriges; today=Bourges)

Bibracte (tribe=Aedui; today=mont Beuvray)

Cenabon (tribe=Carnutes; today=Orléans)

Nemossos (tribe=Arverni; today=Corent)

Diuoduron (tribe=Mediomatrici; today=Metz)

Genaua (tribe=Allobrogi; today=Geneva)

Gergouia (tribe=Arverni; today=Merdogne)

Lutetia (tribe=Parisi; today=Paris)

Noviodunon (tribe=Suessiones; today=Pommiers)

Samarobriua (tribe=Ambiani; today=Amiens)

Uxellodunon (tribe=Cadurci; today= Puy d'Issolud)

Uesontion (tribe=Sequani; today=Besançon)

Ganoduron (tribe=Helveti; today=Kandern)

Mediolanon (tribe=Insubri; today=Milan)

Great job @Genava55!! so i can start inserting the Gauls i guess. Waiting confirmation for the britons

Ptolemies:

Alexandria

Naucratis

Ptolemais Hermiou

Rosetta

Heliopolis

Crocodilopolis

Heracleopolis

Cyrene

Pelusium

Gaza

Arsinoe

Berenice

Persians;

Persepolis

Pasargadae

Ecbatana

Susa

Babylon

Sardis

Arachosia

Areia

Phrada

Zariaspa

Jerusalem

Thanks also to @wowgetoffyourcellphone . Can i  insert these two too or i need to wait?

Edited by Monder87

Also another small updates , i implemented the products panel in the city economy panel,  from the previous version i added also all 13 resources, and now i can get the real prices. 

All prices are calculated following this principle:

• Supply and Demand Ratio = total amount product produced in the last 10 Min/ total amount product consumed in the last 10 Min 
  • Cost of raw material =  total amount of money needed to buy the materials to process
  • Markup = the percent the producer earn from the material cost (i fix an avarage 12%)
  • Formula = (markup/ratio)+Cost

Using this formula all prices are interconnected each other ( when calculate the raw material  cost i process the same algorithm, so both resources and products have dynamic prices based on supply and demand ) so to have  a nice level of realism, in addition each city has its own economy so we will have very different prices for each one. 

In the picture below you can see that the prices for many products are really expensive, that due to the fact that the only producers i have is consuming wood and grain to produce bread, but no one is dropping wood  and grain in the store house, so there is a hight demand and zero supply, so the price go very high. Being wood a raw material used to process all products, all products become very expensive. In a real game with many producers and consumers and gatherers the prices would be just fine.

867245649_ScreenShot2019-04-21at5_36_30PM.thumb.png.5140d702b31f816117a96dd280092224.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

@Genava55 I thought Alésia was kind of hard to locate ?

9 hours ago, Genava55 said:

It is more about misplaced regionalism than difficulties in the localisation. Officially, it is Alise sainte reine. 

The topography is perfect as far as I can see. You can even imagine Cesar's siege walls and camps up on the surrounding hills.

758687120_ModernAlesia.thumb.jpg.ddbb12c06fe6a734c4ecb6f6dd91c740.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 12:34 PM, Anaxandridas ho Skandiates said:

Pella
Aigai
Byzantion
Perinthos
Marôneia
Abdêra
Philippo
Amphipolis
Thasos
Olynthos
Methônê
Poteidaia
Pydna
Dion
Stageiros
Thermê
Neapolis
Kypselê
Hêrakleia
Ainos
Keletron
Abydos
Lampsakos
Sêstos

Don't want to throw Larissa in there too? Maybe your list is exhaustive enough.

I think the city name aspect of this mod would be great as its own standalone mod. Would probably get a lot of downloads in its own right. @Monder87

• Like 2

On 4/20/2019 at 2:05 AM, Monder87 said:

Mauryans

• Pataliputra (Royal capital)
  • Taxila (Northern regional capital; site of the famous ancient university)
  • Tosali (Eastern regional capital)
  • Ujjain (Western regional capital)
  • Suvarnagiri (Southern regional capital)
  • Sanchi (the location for the Great Stupa of Buddha)
  • Gandahar (Modern Kandahar in Afghanistan, taken by Maurya in treaty from Seleucus; once a site for a Pillar of Asoka)

Anyone else want to add to the list and/or suggest alternate spelling?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

There are some really cool things in here.  I tried to play this mod, but unfortunately it had too many errors, I am playing with a version of XXIII that was compiled in Jan 9, 2019.(21946P~release)

On 5/21/2019 at 12:35 PM, Anaxandridas ho Skandiates said:

Gandahar is Alexandreia, you could add Sagala, Simylla, Vidisa, Saketa, Kapilavastu, Suparaka, Madhyamika and Barygaza, but many more are suggested!

Still no answer as to who is responsible for a standardization of spelling and pronounciation.

How can we help if there is no reply? Could have recorded it all by now. Greetings A!

Well, I know "armour" is spelt with a "u" in the "Armour.js" component file.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

anyone wanting to work on a persistent mod idea-loose project i haz going, dm me.  it would certainly need to include eConomic sophistication as persistent worlds require more of that than static one off types of environmentS, one can only imagine!