Publish the game on the new market places

shotgun

Hello everyone,

Not sure if that has been discussed here before or not, but could you publish 0AD on the new game store such as Epic and Discord?

It would be great to see more players on here.

I'm an RTS fan who played the old games and I hardly heard of this game and there are probably more fans who are looking for such games.

Hoping they won't charge just to publish a free game.

Edited by shotgun

not sure about epic and discord, but on steam it costs money to add a game

also most game devs know putting game on steam will help nothing. theres tons of indie games. how can they find your? its not like it will be featured on main steam page.

althrough 0ad has some fanbase already so it may work better than in case of new game

We wont go on steam or any other platform until we reach beta. 

If we added the game on steam and for some reason decided to change a feature that everyone loved between two alphas the comment section would absolutely crush the game and that's advertisment we don't need right now. I usually read the comments on a game before buying it if its all red I'm not likely to buy it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thankforpie said:

not sure about epic and discord, but on steam it costs money to add a game

also most game devs know putting game on steam will help nothing. theres tons of indie games. how can they find your? its not like it will be featured on main steam page.

That's why I said those stores because they don't have many games right now and it should be pretty visible.

Don't know about marketplaces, but I've found 0 A.D. thanks to forums. Can't remember, where it was discussed, but publishing news about the game on game-related websites seems to be a good idea. And some online resources don't ask money for publishing.

I usually choose games which are revied on Gamespot, for example.