Sign in to follow this  
Anaxandridas ho Skandiates

3ds max render help?

I have committed to do 3d-modeling for factions Athens/Spartans/Macedonians/Seleucids/Ptolemies. Proposals for building variations/improvements/extra wonders/eyecandy you name it. It may be a longer process for me to get it all right. Especially adding textures and getting polygon counts down, but I am committing, I love your project and it is an honour to contribute with voice recordings of Latin/Greek and the historical details!

I have the 3ds max 2017 full version, and can use it. However render times even for short videos with vray are killing me and I like to "fly around" my model to see it from all sides every now and then.

My question is, would anyone with a powerful computer be so kind as to render a .max file to help me every now and then? Just upload unlisted 'hidden' on youtube, or as file in dropbox?

That would be so appreciated! I would supply a zip with .max and textures ready-to-render, super easy

Greetings Anaxandridas

Unfortunately you aren't likely to find someone with 3Dsmax here as I believe I'm the last artist that switched to blender.

Have you heard of Sketchfab.com ? You could upload your model there. Or you could export your model as Dae :) print screens are also acceptable. Vray will be miles away from what the model will look in game anyway.

If provided with a dae or a fbx file I could also render it in Blender.  Still not sure whether its worth it.

10 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

If provided with a dae or a fbx file I could also render it in Blender.  Still not sure whether its worth it.

Have you tried Eevee yet? I haven't myself, but it seems pretty cool for quick renders of a good quality...

1 hour ago, Sundiata said:

Have you tried Eevee yet? I haven't myself, but it seems pretty cool for quick renders of a good quality...

Yes I did. I have been working on 2.8 for some time now :)

Im making all my mods models with it.