Campaignmaker Infrastructure ("Kit"!)

Auto-generation of triggerscripts using Atlas buttons might be a good idea. Of course, it would be limited in the sense that it can't cover all cases. But it would still be able to cover most cases. I am not sure how AoE handled it. But I think they put everything in the editor and didn't allow to script it in an editor which isn't an issue at that point.

1 hour ago, Anaxandridas ho Skandiates said:

Whichever it is, as long as it can be used by normal mortal men without weeks of crazy study.

The more complex the map will be the more complicated triggers will be, can't really fight that.

THERE HAS BEEN some whining and howling here on the forum lately regarding lack of PEOPLE to fix gameplay stuff like adding additional techs and formations. What a useless attitude. Find some!

That's usual.

Meanwhile I will also sacrifice some more of my time, and help with 3d modelling of theatres/ptolemaic/seleucid buildings. I can still use 3ds max, it will take time but I am willing to do it.

PLEASE tell me, where can I import existing structures so I can edit models? If we can find a way to do that I can upload models as max or obj, also tell me polycount limitations. I suck at textures but can model accurately. Maybe make some eyecandy palaces?

• You'll need a professional version of 3Ds Max, the student version won't do. It will breach our license, and I won't be able to commit models if you use the student version.
  • To get textures and models, you need to either clone https://github.com/0ad/0ad.git or the SVN repository by looking at the instructions here https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions
  • You should be able to import the collada models in
binaries/data/mods/public/art/meshes/structural/
  • You'll need to familiarize yourself with how to use props.
  • You'll also need to learn how to bake Ambient occlusions maps (Though i can do it for you)
  • If you upload models here you should upload the .max file for our source repository, as well as the dae files for the model.
  • Note that the models only support one texture per mesh. Most of the textures you'll need are already done and are in
binaries/data/mods/public/art/textures/skins/structural
  • For the poly count keep it low 
  • 12 - 15k wonder
  • 0.5k 1k small buildings
  • 1k 2k medium buildings
  • 2k - 5k big buildings
  • Those are indicative, if you exceed it a bit it's okay. You shouldn't need to though.

IMPORTANT you need to sign this 

Also you'll need to give me permission to credit you, and if so, how you want to be credited, (Nick + Name, Name, Nick)

• Thanks 1