formations acting slow when there are obstacles

thankforpie

is it just me or this happens to everyone? units lose on speed when chasing in formation because when they meet obstacle theres a chance they will go back once or twice then again try to pursue enemy.

using them between buildings is totally a no-go. theres A LOT of DPS lost if there are 2 armies fighting, and the one in formation is low range/melee and there are obstacles on its way, as they will bug and go back few times before reaching enemy (not always but often) and that will cause whole army to take dmg without casing it

IDK if it's just us, but I know that too.

I tried formations yesterday, and it was every bit as unsatisfying as I remembered it. First I tried a Phalanx, which caused the involved pikemen to turn back (instead of towards the other units/their previous destination) and block a choke point (which I didn't want). Then I tried an open formation which made the involved units too dumb to move properly, also I couldn't queue commands. So even though I had a leader giving a bonus to formations I decided to do without it...

• Like 1