===[COMMITTED]=== Hellenic Helmets

Alexandermb

9 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

@Stan` don't have any issues with having all the helmets done in a single blendfile? its going to 200mb.

Dunno, does it make sense to have them all in a single blendfile ? Wouldn't it make more sense to have on file per civ so it's less layers to look into ? It's up to you :)

8 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Dunno, does it make sense to have them all in a single blendfile ? Wouldn't it make more sense to have on file per civ so it's less layers to look into ? It's up to you :)

Managing props like cheecks and mask's make its easier having them in a single file, while also the crest's feathers and shapes/sizes. Often i just took the attic helmet wich is the most closest to fit in the head properly.

3 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

Managing props like cheecks and mask's make its easier having them in a single file, while also the crest's feathers and shapes/sizes. Often i just took the attic helmet wich is the most closest to fit in the head properly.

Sure. How big is it when you zip it and/or use blender compression ?

Macedonian pikeman using bryastovets (not the first one i've found), in the next bronze specular fix i'll upload i will add bryastovets for macedonian pikemans

Spoiler

355335.jpg

Side note: Player color helmets material can be changed from "player_trans" to "objectcolor" wich let the user decide wich color they want for the alpha channel by a code i totally forgot.

Ie: using phrygian player color helmets like hele_phrygian_p1 have always red/blue color defined in the actor group.

Thracian_Crested:

Spoiler

image.pngimage.png

And this one:

Spoiler

image.png

Added more crest's:

Spoiler

image.png

Some files will be deleted after this patch is committed. (All the crest's i've did before, none of the old crest's will be deleted)

• Like 6

5 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Great render, but would fit awkwardly in a square icon or portrait. What about a couple cool renders like this one but with some Thracian and Chalcidian helmets? 

Will give it a shot, gotta enable the "hair" particles to give a proper crest hair effect. Any thracian or chalcidean that would fit that? or the illyrian?

• Thanks 1