Multiplayer lobby crash after 23 alpha re-release

wonder-flo

• 1 month later...

Can the macOS download page and/or the Ken Wood re-release article be updated to mention this? Something like "the re-release fixes multiplayer lobby crashes, but on macOS it's still broken unless you disable TLS." It took me a very long time to find this forum post -- I'd nearly given up on getting it to work.

Visibility for this bug report forum isn't ideal either. I never looked here until I found it through the "Community > Get Support" link on play0ad.com. I would have expected bug reports to be under "Help & Feedback," not under "Game Development & Technical Discussion."

Edited by mk12

19 minutes ago, mk12 said:

Can the macOS download page and/or the Ken Wood re-release article be updated to mention this? Something like "the re-release fixes multiplayer lobby crashes, but on macOS it's still broken unless you disable TLS." It took me a very long time to find this forum post -- I'd nearly given up on getting it to work.

Visibility for this bug report forum isn't ideal either. I never looked here until I found it through the "Community > Get Support" link on play0ad.com. I would have expected bug reports to be under "Help & Feedback," not under "Game Development & Technical Discussion."

You can download this version: https://www.mediafire.com/file/00lxxtdmsu64nrs/0ad-0.0.23b-alpha-osx64.dmg/file

It should be fixed in it. Let me know if it works for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

9 hours ago, mk12 said:

@Itms That's great, thanks for the quick reply! I think that will help other Mac users.

@stanislas69 will that fix be included in the next alpha? If so I'll probably just wait until then and disable TLS for now. I'm not too worried about the security of my in-game account.

Hopefully it will I just need people to test it and and someone from the programming team to review it :)