Testing pathfinder update

Kuba386

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, sertsa said:

Was trying this out on Windows 10 1809 64bit.  I get this error:

777056529_Annotation2019-01-15181619.jpg.01a66320617876b5aa319c9304c88b9b.jpg

The installation directory contains mozjs38-ps-release-vc120.dll.  Maybe your guys build environment has this on path but the latest (.23alpha Mk2) does not.

It should else the game wouldn't run anyway. So either your antivirus removed it or you placed the pyrogenesis file in the wrong folder.

18 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

It should else the game wouldn't run anyway. So either your antivirus removed it or you placed the pyrogenesis file in the wrong folder.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you.  I have replaced the existing pyrogenesis.exe file that I know the installed Start Menu shortcut to start the game is pointing to (in my case: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\0 A.D. alpha\binaries\system\Pyrogenesis.exe) with the one in the system.zip in this thread.  It seems to me that the problem is that the release pyrogenesis.exe has been linked to mozjs38-ps-release-vc120.dll that has been installed by the installer into the above directory, while the test pyrogenesis.exe has apparently been linked to (according to the error message) mozjs38-ps-release-vc140.dll which is probably somewhere in the path of your develepment machine but is not part of a normal install.

A bit of googling leads me to believe the xxx_vc120.dll was compiled by Visual Studio 2013 while xxx_vc140.dll was compiled by Visual Studio 2015.

Anyway not sure if this multithreading work is still going on, was just curious to give it a try.

5 hours ago, sertsa said:

A bit of googling leads me to believe the xxx_vc120.dll was compiled by Visual Studio 2013 while xxx_vc140.dll was compiled by Visual Studio 2015.

Hmm that's strange. I thought we bundled both. You can download it from here 

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/system/mozjs38-ps-release-vc140.dll

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...