Fork AD

I think that there are a couple things to be gleaned from the opening post.  First, it seems that the team of fork can commit changes more easily than through WFG, leading to bugs and other issues being fixed.  Since these three presumably trust each other well, they are able to work uninhibited, making the overall pace of development considerably faster it seems.

All is reviewed. We follow usual dev policies. We have an <10 review queue though.

19 minutes ago, Nescio said:

The most important difference is that your fork isn't public.

You already said that but I am willing to hear it again.

At first, I would say that everything is private before becoming public.

Then I don't know how to understand the comment and I don't want to misinterpret it. I just started to answer publicly to previous questions. If there is some kind of defiance against the fork, I can fully understand it. But objectively, why being defiant against a project without any means, loot, structure with people who renounced to any kind of power?

;-)

2 minutes ago, fatherbushido said:

You already said that but I am willing to hear it again.

Yes, I'm aware I'm repeating myself, though it's still true.

There is nothing wrong with being private per se. And no, there is nothing wrong with forking either, it's one of the beauties of open source development. You can do whatever you like, it's completely up to you.

For the rest of the world, though, the only thing that matters is what's published.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nescio said:

what's published.

Not everything related to Zero AD / Wildfire Games is public.

Some Fork AD things are already public. For example, the screenshots are true screenshots :-)

With the first release, the code will be released!

I guessed you wasn't sarcastic with your comment else you would have invited me to read L'Arlésienne.

Edited by fatherbushido
EDIT: we choosed the hard way!

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Nescio said:

If you would publicly share your code changes, then perhaps 0 A.D. could have the same performance increase. :)

[Something about being mandated by law to release source and well wishes to anyone trying to merge stuff]

Edited by smiley

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2020 at 11:10 PM, Dakara said:

fork it playable ?

Salut Dakara !

oui c'est jouable mais on n'a pas encore fait de version complétement publique. J'espère que ça arrivera bientôt ! Si tu as des questions ou des requêtes, n'hésitent pas.

Yes it's playable. We haven't yet done a public release though.

;-)

11 hours ago, fatherbushido said:

Salut Dakara !

oui c'est jouable mais on n'a pas encore fait de version complétement publique. J'espère que ça arrivera bientôt ! Si tu as des questions ou des requêtes, n'hésitent pas.

Yes it's playable. We haven't yet done a public release though.

;-)

J'aimerais essayer comme tout le monde 

• 1 year later...