MacOS / OSX RC Bundles.

I'm creating this thread to gather the testing of bundles. Always download the latest one :)

Please test thoroughly if you can, and answer the twelve points below + your mac os version.

On 13/11/2018 at 10:59 AM, stanislas69 said:

@Sundiata @HMS-Surprise @iceblendedmocha @Wurri @Servo @Rolf Dew

Can you make sure to test the following ?

1. Launch a random game
  2. Launch a normal skirmish.
  3. Connect to the lobby
  4. Play on the lobby with someone
  5. Launch Atlas 
  6. See if everything works there.
  7. Open Unit tests demo (To see if there any breakage in displaying entity's) 
  8. Try mods 
  9. If you need any help ping me :)
  10. sorry for the poke but I want to avoid another alpha 23 failure.
  11. Enable feedback and see if it works (Main menu)
  12. Connect to and use mod.io
  13. Test replaying new games
  14. Test Saving and loading a game.

Make sure to report any errors please. Also report your MacOs version @Itms

4/12/2018 (Compiled on Mac OSX 10.9.50) http://www.mediafire.com/file/c09iks5acu6uduv/0ad-0.0.23.1-alpha-osx64.dmg/file

13/12/2018 (Compiled on Mac OSX 10.9.50) http://www.mediafire.com/file/88d5ey08ej0pwr5/0ad-0.0.23b-alpha-osx64.dmg

14/12/2018 (Compiled on Mac OSX 10.9.50) https://www.mediafire.com/file/88d5ey08ej0pwr5/0ad-0.0.23b-alpha-osx64.dmg/file

15/12/2018  (Compiled on Mac OSX 10.9.50) http://www.mediafire.com/file/02r6qknx7v5cblh/0ad-0.0.23b-alpha-osx64.dmg/file

(Same link updated file)

• Like 2

It’s seems working really really good. Will tell tomorrow. It’s quite late. 

Pmayed MP, SP. joined MP good!  No lobby lag. I can join any mp games. Played the mods great! Some saved games still recognized and loaded including in the mods  

Imac version 10.13.6

• Thanks 2

I’ve been using the rebundle and it also fixed the loading of saved games from the main single player menu. 

One thing that keeps on making error is a failed initializing the audio. This happened too on vanilla A23. Is this a problem on dev or my pc needs more drivers. Sometimes it happens on MP too which I lost my audio but the game keeps going but the errors are coming out when I spam units from any structures producing the units. 

Its like failed to initialize ogg audio. 

(The crash with no soundcard present or available was #4786 / r19877, fixed as of r21097 (by Itms, not me)) I don't recall doing anything else regards to audio problems. Sorry. (Imarok has D1481, but that hides the messages if --nosound is passed.)

As to @Servo, I think we'd need to know more. Built-in soundcard or external? Version of OpenAL being used? What programs do you have running in the background (anything that might interfere, cause the system to reset the audio connection, or take up a lot of memory)? What happens if you have some music playing in a media player (Quicktime, VLC, or other) in the background - do the errors still occur, does the music cut-out when 0AD loses audio, or something else? If we can find another program that plays ogg files through OpenAL, then we could see if that also suffers from the same problem.

• Like 3

I am pc novice and couldn’t tell if my sound card is internal or external. It’s a 21 inch 3.4 ghz, core i5, 8 gb Ram I bought from Best Buy for 1.3 k. 

I read about ogg but I don’t want to dL some software for that thinking it might conflict with iTunes. But if anyone can guide me thru it do we can test then I can try too. 

I don’t mind losing sound for as long as the error message disappears so that when I play MP I could still read team messages. 

I don’t play any other sounds during game also nor run any other programs except the game. 

Edited by Servo

12 minutes ago, Servo said:

I read about ogg but I don’t want to dL some software for that thinking it might conflict with iTunes.

Don't worry, you won't need to install anything.

13 minutes ago, Servo said:

I don’t mind losing sound for as long as the error message disappears so that when I play MP I could still read team messages. 

I don’t play any other sounds during game also nor run any other programs except the game. 

What happens if you disable the sound in the game options by setting the sliders to 0 and saving ?

Here is another mac bundle from your butler, working tirelessly (god it's 3 AM here) :) (See first post) Second link.

I posted a message on all the discords I'm in, if you know people who have macs please share this post.

New bundle, please test again @trompetin17 @HMS-Surprise @iceblendedmocha @Wurri @Servo @Rolf Dew @Itms @jonbaer

• Haha 1

hummnnn somethings going on in the MP lobby? No players? I tried hosting with the new Mac OS rebundle but the game crash as if when the game begins against the AI it finishes immediately. it says both of us win, I will try again. Sp works and my saved game was reloaded perfectly

Edited by Servo

hummnn seems like the new dmg is not working for MP. I went to a lobby without players and only wfg bots and user1 there. But I was able to try host the game against AI.

I played Mil Ad too and it works, I played a few minutes on random and skirmish SP games and seems fine.

I did not understand what you were saying about putting the volume to 0 and saving but I tried at least: nothing happens, the sounds of everything just disappear and I was able to save the game too... @stanislas69

Edited by Servo

48 minutes ago, Servo said:

hummnn seems like the new dmg is not working for MP. I went to a lobby without players and only wfg bots and user1 there.

Not to worry, this is to be expected. Due to work on resolving various multiplayer issues, there is a possibility that the A23 original-release and the A23 re-release is not fully 100% compatible. Thus, a new lobby instance has been created for the A23 re-release, which is what you're seeing... which has no players in it because we haven't released the re-release yet. Once we do, everyone who updates to the re-release will migrate over.

14 hours ago, Servo said:

I am pc novice and couldn’t tell if my sound card is internal or external.

An internal soundcard is one that is internal or built-in to the computer. An external soundcard is one that is connected externally to your computer via a USB, Firewire, Thunderbolt or Lightning (very, very frightening me! Galileo!... sorry) cable. If your headphones or speakers plug directly into your computer, you have an internal soundcard. If your headphones or speakers plug in to a box separate from your computer but connected by a data cable, then you might have an external soundcard. (If connected via an audio cable, then the box is more likely to be an amplifier of some description.)

• Like 2

On 12/13/2018 at 7:33 AM, s0600204 said:

Due to work on resolving various multiplayer issues, there is a possibility that the A23 original-release and the A23 re-release is not fully 100% compatible. Thus, a new lobby instance has been created for the A23 re-release

Just for the record, it a23b multiplayer, savegames and replays are fully compatible with a23. The new lobby room was created to push players into installing the update, not because we feared bugs. There are 5 to 10 Windows and linux multiplayers that use svn since months, because the release was too broken to be usable. So at least multiplayers have a first hand account of the compatibility of a23 to a23b.)