There is no space in the wall.

gameboy

There is no gap, because we need to allow them to overlap.  Else you would not to be able to build walls of certain lengths if we will require some minimal gaps between wall segments. Remember there are only 3 wall types in game with fixed lengths. So do not allow this and you will have big troubles with building walls trying to fetch everything with these 3 lengths. The problem could be solved if we had just one fixed length of the wall, the best the same length as tower, but I can imagine it would end up with a lot of entities. I think somewhere is patch that does something about it to allow to rebuild lost tower, but I never tested it really.

Edited by Angen

@Angen

Modifying the parameters in this file has no effect.

<WallSet>
    <MaxTowerOverlap>0.85</MaxTowerOverlap>
    <MinTowerOverlap>0.05</MinTowerOverlap>

Errors occur when these two parameters change.

When I change these two parameters to 1.05 and 1.00. Error message appears:

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: other/wallset_palisade:1: Error validating datatype decimal

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: other/wallset_palisade:1: Element MaxTowerOverlap failed to validate content

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation failed for '(null)'

ERROR: Failed to validate entity template 'other/wallset_palisade'

ERROR: JavaScript error: gui/session/session.js line 233 Error: deepfreeze requires exactly one object as an argument. GetTemplateData@gui/session/session.js:233:1 g_SelectionPanels.Construction.setupButton@gui/session/selection_panels.js:222:18 setupUnitPanel@gui/session/unit_commands.js:95:8 updateUnitCommands@gui/session/unit_commands.js:147:4 updateSelectionDetails@gui/session/selection_details.js:471:2 updateGUIObjects@gui/session/session.js:945:2 onTick@gui/session/session.js:814:3 __eventhandler103 (tick)@session tick:0:1

ERROR: JavaScript error: gui/session/session.js line 233 Error: deepfreeze requires exactly one object as an argument. GetTemplateData@gui/session/session.js:233:1 g_SelectionPanels.Construction.setupButton@gui/session/selection_panels.js:222:18 setupUnitPanel@gui/session/unit_commands.js:95:8 updateUnitCommands@gui/session/unit_commands.js:147:4 updateSelectionDetails@gui/session/selection_details.js:471:2 updateGUIObjects@gui/session/session.js:945:2 onSimulationUpdate@gui/session/session.js:875:2 __eventhandler105 (simulationupdate)@session simulationupdate:0:1

Edited by gameboy

@gameboy

I had to work with this same issue when making my own custom walls. My work around may be different but it worked.

Step#1 go to simulation/template/structures then select a wall piece you want to change. (example gaul_wall_long.xml)

step#2 open xml file and go to the bottom where you will find.

<WallPiece>
    <Length>25.5</Length>
  </WallPiece>

Change the length that you find works best for your wall gap. 

Warning* if changing this for any wall length you might have to change the length for wall_small and wall_medium, and possibly your wall_tower.

This might not be the best way to change it, but it worked for me!

• Like 1