Video Editor / Web Developer - Sean McManus

Hello! I thought I'd offer to help out. I'm a video editor & Web Developer that absolutely loves this game and would be happy to help out.

Position:

Video Editor (also any web development)

Do you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free? Yes

Do you agree to distribute all your work for Wildfire Games under Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license? Yes

Are you sure you are not wanting to work on something programming related? (Then you don't need to send in an application form.) Maybe in the future but not right now

Name: Sean McManus

Email: mcmanussean@gmail.com

Availability: It will vary but a few hours a week I think should work

Skills and Experience: I'm a web developer / software engineer / video editor professionally with over 18 years of experience

Motivation: I love this stuff.

Personality: Creative, intelligent, easy to get along with occasionally funny.

Short Essay: I absolutely loved loved loved age of empires.. for many many years and then life sort of got in the way and I was distracted by other things. the last year or so I've been wanting to get back into it but I have a modern mac and haven't been able to get it running without hacking too much. I also wanted to find a more modern version of it that could make the gaming experience more exciting / challenging. I looked for months and months watching loads of youtube game reviews and googling for days. It was incredibly frustrating. I would have paid just about anything to get a game like this. Somehow on some random forum (don't remember where) someone mentioned 0AD and I was like WHAAAAAATTTT??? I did a bunch of research and was shocked that this awesome game was there all along and wasn't able to find it despite searching for so long. I would like to help bring more awareness to this amazing project / game and I have a skillset that I think / hope would help.

Interests and Hobbies: I'm an huge sailor, spent most of my 20s teaching sailing in Santa Barbara California (it was amazing) I'm also a musician I've recorded two albums under my name ("elevated" and "a new world again") they aren't great so I'm hoping to start recording again under a new moniker. I'm also big into photography and film making.

Staff:(Optional) nope

Community:(Optional) none

Favorite Game: Oad is my current favorite. Age of Empires is my favorite of all time

Work Examples: you can check out my linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mcmanussean/

Edited by mcmanussean
  • Like 5

Hello and thank you for your application.

I'm pinging a few people @implodedok @Itms @BrynnOfCastlegate so you can get more feedback on what you can do  with us. In order (Web and Sys Admin), (Project Leader), and (Lead Video Artist)

If you know how to compile in Mac your help would be precious to test the next release candidates.

We don't have much video editing to do right now (Though showcasing art commits when they occur might be nice) so It will be a bit empty for some time, but we need some help on the web design field, so I'll let you talk directly with Implodedok in that area.

Hope you'll enjoy your time here with us on the forums, and do not hesitate to drop by IRC. (We are mostly in Europe, so we might have delayed conversations)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1