13th Century Europe Mod - In Development

Bigtiger

20 hours ago, Monder87 said:

I read that you want to add city building features to your mod, and i saw you now focus on graphic, if you are interested check my mod, i m developing the economy dimension of the game, maybe we can collaborate in the future.

I would like to add more economy base buildings such as foundries which could generate metal, and maybe more passive generating resource buildings. Also game balancing isn't my best skill so most of what i'm currently working on for the mod is mostly experimental. 

There is alot that i'm still learning, but maybe we could collaborate in the future.

On 4/20/2019 at 2:28 PM, JamesWright said:

Is this out yet?

Cause it looks dang good.

Thanks, I thought I would have had this out last month, but I figured I release something more polished and less rushed so things are taking longer. This mod is also a project i'm doing on my free time so in one week things can move fast or come to a halt. -_-

14 hours ago, JamesWright said:

I know you said you did not want Templars and I know you were gonna do  Polish, Baltics(Prussians, Estonians, Lithuania)  but are going to do any Mongol factions or Russians or Swedish or even the Germans/Holy Roman Empire?

More factions will be added, but which one's im not sure. At the moment three is all I can handle right now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Bigtiger said:

I would like to add more economy base buildings such as foundries which could generate metal, and maybe more passive generating resource buildings. Also game balancing isn't my best skill so most of what i'm currently working on for the mod is mostly experimental. 

There is alot that i'm still learning, but maybe we could collaborate in the future.

Thanks, I thought I would have had this out last month, but I figured I release something more polished and less rushed so things are taking longer. This mod is also a project i'm doing on my free time so in one week things can move fast or come to a halt. -_-

More factions will be added, but which one's im not sure. At the moment three is all I can handle right now. 

Well I totally understand how hard it can be to do on the side, cause bleep happens and takes time away and you have done an amazing  job for a free time activity.

Thank you for answering my question and keep up the work I know for sure I can't do what you've done.(y)

Edited by JamesWright
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 7:16 AM, wackyserious said:

@nani Do you think it is possible to generate aesthetic random maps by combining decals and other game objects? Would this cause performance issues, especially when you use decals?

I have made this several years ago when I wanted to demonstrate a map making technique.

I place my pre-made dioramas using game objects including decals in a blank map and copy paste and rearrange and rotate them in another one.

That way I could achieve higher quality terrain details thanks to the alpha transparency provided by the decal mesh.

map01.jpg

I'm late to the discussion and seems stanislas69 and wowgetoffyourcellphone have said all there is to it for atlas (btw I didn't know about the copy/paste XML, seems cool) maybe a presets list can be added with relative ease as it would work similar to the copy/paste.

Edited by nani
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2019 at 10:08 PM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I do this too. 

What we need is a true POG system (Premade Object Groups). Imagine in Atlas you go into POG mode and it loads a tiny "map" on which you can place objects. Then you save this grouping as a POG that is then added to a new sort in the object menu, which can now be placed in subsequent skirmish or scenario maps as one object (as if you're copying a pasting), or even extended to be placed by random map scripts too.

post-2319-0-59400700-1349130325.jpg

Sounds like a nice feature. Could you create a ticket on trac? That's the first step to getting someone implementing it. ;)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Alexandermb said:

just in case: Millenium ad has an unit object wich is called "coif" that one is a "root - attachpoint" actor wich covers the head in several ways.

Feel free to use it in your 13th century mod (i would upload the picture but for some reason i can't so check milleniumad :D)

Thanks, I found them and they look really good. I'll test them to see how they work. I haven't had good results with attaching other meshed to root attachpoints on units :)

1 hour ago, stanislas69 said:

Nice ! I love the knights, you should probably add more geometry to the blade, or make the blade lighter

Thanks, I'll try to improve them a bit more.

1 hour ago, coworotel said:

Helped me to get a better understanding of what was going on during this time of history. Thank you for the link.

Edit: If you know of any other links that have similar topics please share. :) 

Edited by Bigtiger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigtiger said:

Helped me to get a better understanding of what was going on during this time of history. Thank you for the link.

Edit: If you know of any other links that have similar topics please share. :) 

No problem!

The first thing I thought about when I saw the title of the topic was your mod :D

• Like 1

Alternatively, normal maps and a square plane with alpha could both give complex polearms more definition and keep poly count way down, if you didnt want to put so many polys in. True geometry will look better but those curved edges might hit performance-wise, especially if they're fleshed out

3 minutes ago, LordGood said:

Alternatively, normal maps and a square plane with alpha could both give complex polearms more definition and keep poly count way down, if you didnt want to put so many polys in. True geometry will look better but those curved edges might hit performance-wise, especially if they're fleshed out

True :) When I said make the edge lighter I meant the color, to create a contrast :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LordGood said:

shouldnt, messy ngons just make me uncomfortable lol

Haha got it, I touched them up a-little so it now has a smoother look...for a low poly.

Edit: I got them down to 50-55 poly :)

1 hour ago, stanislas69 said:

True :) When I said make the edge lighter I meant the color, to create a contrast

Thanks Stanislas69, the lighter colour does make it contrast better.

Spoiler

screenshot0147.thumb.png.ae927529c21b1432fbded14cabda53f1.png

Edited by Bigtiger
  • Like 7

30 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

What a tease.. :D Are you close to a release? :worship::weee:

Things have moved quicker this week, but for a release i'm not sure when. I want two factions to be well balanced and the rest to be polished enough to be enjoyed by the community.

One game-play change that is coming with the mod is taking away the ability to build walls. Walls will be built in with the maps, and walls are going to be at-least 5x-10x stronger. So how you use the castle is up to the player, but wooden palisades can still be built.

example:

Spoiler

screenshot0148.thumb.png.0d2a5671451c81afb56911e6bb5ce4b1.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3