13th Century Europe Mod - In Development

Bigtiger

11 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Nice. Any chance you would take a look at the core game's biome assets and possibly update them?

@wowgetoffyourcellphone

I could look at the core game's biome as i'm currently working on two biomes, coniferous/Alpine and reworking the temperate biome. The temperate is more difficult as it has alot more lush, which has me playing with designs and changing/mixing texture

• Like 3

Just now, Bigtiger said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone

I could look at the core game's biome as i'm currently working on two biomes, coniferous/Alpine and reworking the temperate biome. The temperate is more difficult as it has alot more lush, which has me playing with designs and changing/mixing texture

Great! The inconsistency in the look of the trees and shrubbery (some trees like the Cretan Date Palms look awesome, while others look dreadful) is bothersome to many and hampers the look of the game IMHO. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Great! The inconsistency in the look of the trees and shrubbery (some trees like the Cretan Date Palms look awesome, while others look dreadful) is bothersome to many and hampers the look of the game IMHO.

I agree that some of the current trees lack the inconsistency that you would find in any forest/biome, which is why i started making a biome for my mod.

I'll see what I can come up with for the temperate biome by next week.

Edited by Bigtiger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Making progress on the temp forest ,and trying to model the temp forest to look like a deciduous forest.

8 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Let me know when you are done with your set. I would gladly commit them to the repository.

When the set is completed how should I send it?

Spoiler

screenshot0056.thumb.png.96785a42fd87a4fb6cc1cba688fe3055.png

Spoiler

screenshot0043.thumb.png.bf8f012eaf9de723afa61d46843fbde1.png

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Bigtiger said:

Making progress on the temp forest ,and trying to model the temp forest to look like a deciduous forest.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

you can put it in the zip file as an attachment here  or  over the forum pm to stan

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

If there are blendfiles or xcf or PSD files please attach them as well. Also I have to know where the textures are coming from to see if I can use them

I'll send everything for the biome (xml, blender, png textures) when ready. The textures that i'm using are all from 0A.D. except for the pine tree needle texture, which I took a clipping from my neighbors hedge.:victory:  

But everything will be provided when ready.

Temperate Seasons:

Spoiler

screenshot0059.thumb.png.ae2f2ada8a669c8016c22cca1cf04d0c.png

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, Bigtiger said:

I'll send everything for the biome (xml, blender, png textures) when ready. The textures that i'm using are all from 0A.D. except for the pine tree needle texture, which I took a clipping from my neighbors hedge.:victory:  

But everything will be provided when ready.

Temperate Seasons:

Hide contents

screenshot0059.thumb.png.ae2f2ada8a669c8016c22cca1cf04d0c.png

Would look so good with SSAO.

10 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Your deciduous trees need boughs and branches. Otherwise they look super nice. They'd be good for the "middle" trees in a forest.

Yes, some smaller/sapling trees would look nice along the edges of the forest.

Example:  https://www.publicdomainpictures.net/en/view-image.php?image=53672&picture=the-forest-edge

On 2/15/2019 at 5:22 PM, Bigtiger said:

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

What assets are you using? Own?

What textures for ground are you using?