Selecting fit units ?

amanita

I like the select wounded feature and wonder if select fit would be even better?

It would be possible to advance with the least wounded units, leaving the wounded behind to go back and heal or work or fight from safer distance.

I dont see wounded selecion used in multiplayer, maybe because weak units more easily get killed when they turn their backs to the battle.

'Fit select' could be configured by setting a negative wounded hotkey threshold, if the feature could recognise that, or just a checkbox so player chooses whether to select under or over the health threshold. I guess this could be so useful its potentially distruptive :)

There might not be a predefined shortcut to only select healthy units, but do you know about the Ctrl+O drag modifier that deselects wounded units from an active selection?

Also, if you use numbered groups of units, you could just assign the wounded units to a different key, which takes them out of their original group. Suppose you Ctrl+1'd your army before a fight. Now when you O-select the wounded units and press Ctrl+2, pressing 1 again only selects healthy units of the original army. This could be exactly what you need if you want to keep using the 1 key to select your army after sending wounded units elsewhere.

• Like 1