Help - Location for changing wall sets?

5 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Nice work on that bridge ! You have got to fix the UV stretching though :)

Happy Modding !

Thank you, there is still lots to learn but ill fix the textures once i get the walls functioning in game. At the moment im learning how the attachment point works for the gate, then onto final texture details.

• Like 1

I got the gate to work with attachment point ''root'', now im just finishing up the textures and the wall settings so its not clipping where it shouldn't be. The wall set is a pain to get right. 

13 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

Do you need assistance ?

Thanks for offering assistance. At this moment I think i got it handled. 

• Like 1

I finished my wall set this weekend! Im only having an error when going into atlas and selecting one of the wall parts, which then closes the map editor. My current work around for this error is select another object and place it down, then select my wall. The error seems to subside when i do this. 

Spoiler

screenshot0012.thumb.png.ddc22df6813163f356c76b79bb2011e9.png

screenshot0013.thumb.png.15bcae71317e02ec6965c19f7baae161.png

6 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Would you mind sharing the error you get ? :)

here is the error that comes up. It will either pop up or the atlas will force close with no error dialogue. I can work around the error, but not sure what is causing it at the moment.

Spoiler

1785838917_atlaserror.png.3ddde6a26a6ec553ca4bfd8a3469cf4c.png

If i try to break it this is what comes up.

Spoiler

1220967340_atlaserror01.png.7ec9c1e1161c265aad1b1faf5db58213.png

Edited by Bigtiger

4 hours ago, Loki1950 said:

Don't rely on Windows for the error messages 0AD has a log file where every operation is logged and if there is an error it will be printed there in much more detail than the OS defaults check the wiki for where to find it.

Enjoy the Choice :)

i'll look into that this week and see what comes up. I found the crash log file, but any hint on what i should be looking for. Debugging isn't something i do often, but ill read through the wiki see what i can find.

Edited by Bigtiger

6 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Did you by any chance use the player_trans_ao_parallax_spec.xml without adding a second UV set to your model ?

Or did you use it on an animated mesh ?

Wow, you're the best stanislas69. It was the player_trans_ao_parralax_spec. I changed that to player_trans.xml and the mesh seems to load just fine without any errors. Thanks again