Fellow newbies required for 1v1 game to be used as a Youtube Tutorial series

mysticjim

Hello Good People of 0AD land :)

I'm Jim, very new and decidedly poor 0AD player! I'm about to do what I hope will be a useful series of game commentaries on Youtube aimed specifically at other new players and I'm looking for a bit of assistance.

I need to find a few people in a similar place in their 0AD learning curve, i.e. also new to the game, to play a few example 1v1 matches against me so I've got some content to commentate over. I've got a fairly prominent 0AD Youtuber interested in hosting the videos on his channel - he's interested as his videos are primarily aimed at fairly experienced players, whereas this is most definitely aimed at beginners - should hopefully open up the channel to a wider range of players. It's all going to be a learning experience - I expect to get trounced a few times! But that's the aim, I'm looking to highlight beginner errors (especially my own!)

Potential players should;

_Hopefully have mastered the absolute basics and be able to at least hold their own against the AI on the Very Easy setting. I'm setting the bar low, but more experienced players are welcome - it's just you probably won't get much challenge playing against me!!! 

_Be alright with the replay of the games being video captured, having my commentary and analysis stuck on top of them and ultimately being made viewable on Youtube. Naturally, this isn't in any way a profitable venture, it's a bit of fun, but hopefully will be of some benefit to new players.

_Ideally be based somewhere in the world where we're on a similar timezone! I'm in the UK and I work full time, so for me this will be an evenings thing, so I guess UK and central Europe are best for syncing up times, etc, but I'll be happy to play anyone in a far flung place if they're prepared to play at some ungodly hour! 

The first couple of games are just going to be examples for me to provide to the Youtuber, just so he can check out the quality and the presentation style, and if he likes them then this could become a regular thing. 

If anyone is interested, just drop me a PM for more info.

Have a great evening and if you're about to play a game, may you fight well and achieve a decisive victory! :)

Jim

9 hours ago, Loki1950 said:

You will need a few more posts before you can PM anyone with the way the forum software is set up though @feneur could give you a bye BTW a good idea :)

Enjoy the Choice :)

Hello, thanks for the steer! Hadn't realised that was a thing on this forum, ah well! 

Do you know how many posts someone has to make to enable PM'ing? 

Failing that, I might ask the admin as you suggest. Is it okay to just contact an admin directly or is there a web form or something? 

Many thanks

2 minutes ago, Servo said:

@mysticjim there are very few newbies in the forum. I think you can go straight to multiplayer lobby and get some people there. If I’m there I could help by playing you. I’m not pro but enjoy playing for fun with new or decent fun players. I’ll be there after 3 hours. 

Hi @Servo - awesome, thanks dude. I may not be in the Lobby till a bit after that as it slightly clashes with when I'll be trying to get my youngster to bed (the joys of parenting!) but I will have a look in and see if you're still around. Don't know if this forum/PM thing works both ways, but if I can PM you I could drop you my email address and we could co-ordinate a future time for game that would be great. Probably be a very short game based on my recent performances mind, but like I said - the video series is as much to indicate what I might be doing wrong and areas myself and other new players can improve on, so it's all good.

:)

15 minutes ago, Jofursloft said:

@mysticjim I am avaible to teach you how to play. I already teached some players that lately have become medium level players. So, if you like, I will be happy to teach you :) 

Jofursloft (1700 player)

@Jofursloft - hello, it's a possibility, yes. Wouldn't mind playing you 1v1 to begin with, just get some idea of just how far advanced you are - or rather should that be, how far below you I am::) That would probably make for a good early video, then possibly we could contrast how I do later on after a masterclass or two! I'll PM you with my email in a bit and we'll sort something out.

28 minutes ago, mysticjim said:

@Jofursloft - hello, it's a possibility, yes. Wouldn't mind playing you 1v1 to begin with, just get some idea of just how far advanced you are - or rather should that be, how far below you I am::) That would probably make for a good early video, then possibly we could contrast how I do later on after a masterclass or two! I'll PM you with my email in a bit and we'll sort something out.

Don't write an email, just send a private message on forum ;)