Other strategy games not RTS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Lol true. I was mainly referring to unit types though. 

It is better to have a good diversity and a better accuracy in total war games.

Edit: this is what the players want and it is better to balance the factions.

Edited by Genava55

• 2 weeks later...

On Xbox Game Pass I'm playing card games like Slay The Spire and Monster Train. I also have Age Of Empires and Civilisation VI.

I'm thinking about Settlers Of Catan (real life board game) and Flesh And Blood.

War Thunder is pretty good as a strategy game too, by the way!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Illwinter's Dominions 5

In all honesty I just came here to ask if anyone considered using this as a guideline for a potential Mythology mod considering how much work the Devs go for mythological accuracy. And then some for the in-house factions which stand on their own.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I want more simple, colorful strategy games like Rising Lords that people will actually play with me

By Jonathan Bolding

Not every strategy game has to be gloomy and impenetrable.

Rising Lords is just the sort of game I'm most vulnerable to: historical strategy with the simple setup of a tabletop wargame and the quality of life and large numbers that are only possible when a computer does the math and moves the pieces for you. What I especially like about it, though, is that it's colorful—which might be one reason I can actually get people to play it with me.

Despite what the movies say, the medieval world was not a drab palette of mud and polished steel. It was colorful and wild and flamboyant and made of rich fabrics and painted armors, and Rising Lords gets that. The rich earth and bright gem tones give off the effect of an actual medieval tapestry or fresco painting, with fantastic designs inspired by things like the Lewis chessmen. 

Sadly, whatever blessing was given to the world was not given to the user interface, which is, while not without charm, either too sparse and lacking in explanation or cluttered with unimportant detail. As a strategy game fan, however, I am never stopped by an insufficient user interface. I am sometimes encouraged by it, perhaps to the detriment of myself and the genre, but it's worth bearing with it in the case of Rising Lords, which is just the kind of easily-to-digest strategy game I'd love to see more of.

[...] Full article below

https://www.pcgamer.com/i-want-more-simple-colorful-strategy-games-like-rising-lords-that-people-will-actually-play-with-me

• Like 1