Other strategy games not RTS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess TBS have more chanses to survive unlike RTS, because RTS is PC-only genre and it`s to hard to imagine StarCraft II gameplay on smartphones. All RTS have one GREAT problem - many of units cause FPS falling. C&C with no unit limits, SupCom with 2GB RAM lock, AoE, Grey Goo - all this games can`t cope with lots of textures at small area. So I decide to begin slowly leave RTS world replacing them on TBS like Armello, Battle for Wesnoth etc. I think, all RTS should have limits for every graphic objects: buildings, units like it was at Star/WarCraft. Only resources can be limitless like AoE relicts or gold from caravans.

Edited by Lagumoor
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Star Citizen looks amazing! All those nay-sayers are just a bunch of confused entitled consumers with no vision or patience, and the inability to manage their own expectations (like a bunch of teenagers that need everything now, not wanting to understand all the work involved). I'm not saying there aren't obvious problems, but the long development time gives me a lot of hope that this will in fact be one of the greatest space games ever. It might take another 6 years, sure, but 0AD is already going 15 years or more, so that in itself doesn't really mean anything to me. The game isn't a scam, and people saying that are just trolls. Or people who didn't bother to familiarize themselves with the bare basics of the project. I mean, some people spent thousands of dollars on ships and other stuff, for a game in alpha development... The smarter ones aren't looking for a return on investment. They're just passionate about the game and want to financially contribute to the development. People spending thousands of dollars on a game, 6 years in development and still in alpha, and then expecting a complete and smooth gaming experience, when literally everyone says they won't, are just a bunch of weirdo's. Who spends money on a game in this state anyway, if not passionate about it??

That comment on Eurogamer doesn't make any sense at all. What in the world does graphics, art and asset development have to do with things like object container streaming or network stability, AI, bug fixing etc? Those are totally different teams of people. The scale of this project is insane. All those little details aren't pointless either, as that comment says. If not for all those incredible details, why not play No man's Sky or whatever? I mean, that new FOIP feature for example could be described as utterly useless. But it's also absolutely brilliant, funny, even revolutionary, one might say. 

There are so many different systems in development, and they're pretty far along. If you see how the biomes are made for example, you'll realize how quickly they can create hundreds of unique new biomes once the system is on point. Once everything starts working smoothly (a lot is already working amazingly and people take it for granted), and it all get's integrated into a single seamless experience, it's going to be amazing. This game is more of a platform, than a standalone game. Games will be built on top of this game. Just don't expect a full release next year, that's just silly. 

Almost akin to 0AD, I think that Star Citizen is part of a new generation of games that will continue to grow and evolve along with its community, rather than being a one stop consumption article. The main difference is that there is a crap ton of money involved in Star Citizen, so there's a commercial aspect to it. What do people expect from a commercial project? I think it rather makes it extremely unlikely that it will ever be cancelled. It's also pretty obvious they use the controversy as a marketing tool. Keeps people on edge. The hype is a part of any commercial project like this. Just check back in couple of years. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any fans Disciples or Heroes of Might & Mafic here? These are my favorite TBS games. I also like Minecraft, though it's a first-person game, I consider it as a strategy because of building mechanics. Same with Fortnite. Yeah, I know, despite its notorious reputation it's fun to play with building part. I played the PC-version at first but after this review on androidgo.fun I prefer to play the mobile version only. 

Edited by SeriousJack
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...