Patreon.

James Bell

Top 5 Games like Astroneer

Introduction:

Astroneer is a great Action-Adventure, Sandbox, and Simulation which is made by System Era Softworks. This game is held in a great environment, and you are tasked with building these different structures, mining rare resources and colonizing many different planets. Your character can create your own storyline by building a world that you want. With an open game world and a third-person view, you can manipulate procedurally generated this environment either on foot or by these spacecraft and lunar rover. Try to create multiple vehicles, cool spacecraft modules, and awesome oxygen reserve tanks by using the game’s crafting features. You can even convert ice into the fuel for your spacecraft. While playing the game, you can explore many things, drive cool vehicles and build your colonies to survive as long as you can!

A285Poq.jpg

Astroneer

Next step, keep reading for our list of great games like Astronee. All are quality games, don’t miss them!

Discover More: http://www.scoop.it/t/games-like-finder/p/4101673156/2018/09/17/top-10-best-games-like-civilization-you-shouldn-t-miss

1. Creativerse

The first game in our list of games like Astronee is Creativerse. This is a Sandbox Survival game. In this game, you play from the first-person view and this game will take you to a random world of blocks where you can interact with fauna and flora, gather some resources to craft useful items and then construct your structures. Creativerse offers both Single-player and Multiplayer modes, so you can construct your own structure like Minecraft by using the blocks. During the game, you need to coop with other online players then generate your private landscapes. Also, this game introduces developing world features which offer day/night cycle, temperature, weather, liquids, and many different materials along with beautiful open game world. Find out these secrets and engage yourself in combat, mining, crafting as well as building experience. Try it!

5rkZgtk.jpg

Creativerse

1. CraftWorld

Next, I want to introduce CraftWorld to you. From the first-person view, this building and crafting based game offers its players hours of addictive gameplay. The game is set in CraftWorld - a cool universe where you can create and craft everything you want. Generate different weapons, tunnels, buildings, dungeons, chambers, or forests. Craft and modify these weapons with rare materials you collect throughout your adventure. Travel through many different locations, defeat hideous creatures, and try to kill these tough bosses. Find it boring to play a game without any tasks and storylines? Just try this game and you will change your mind!

yxjndQQ.jpg

CraftWorld

1. LEGO Worlds

The third game in this Top 5 games like Astronee is LEGO Worlds. Published by Warner Bros, LEGO Worlds is a Building, Single-player and Multiplayer Sandbox video game. This game allows its players to construct many buildings in a cool 3D random world. In this game, you can build many different constructions using the Lego bricks and then get your rewards for these creations. In the beginning, you need to manipulate the game world to collect the objects spread across these maps using studs - the game currency. Besides, you can unleash your creativity and build anything you imagine. There are many different characters, and you are allowed to select a favorite one to jump into this game world. Modify the terrain and environment by using the game’s landscaping tools, craft cool vehicles, and more. Just enjoy the game!

cLmoona.jpg

LEGO Worlds

Find more info: 10 amazingly addictive games like Dragon Age you can't miss

1. OpenClonk

The 4th game in this post is OpenClonk. It is an Open Source, Single-player and Multiplayer Action game which created by OpenClonk Developers. This game will put you in control of clonks - these small humanoid beings. The game brings fast-paced melees, mining, and tactics elements. It has been considered as the perfect combination of Worms, The Settlers, Lemmings, and Minecraft. Clonks are key characters and they can perform many tasks ranging from using the hammer to construct a cool shelter to these flying airships, mining gold to throwing dangerous dynamite, and more. In this game, you have to command these humanoid beings through many different levels, try to take down the opponents and build your beautiful village to earn experience points. Done remember, you have to battle against other online players in small fights. Good luck!

ucriEpe.jpg

OpenClonk

1. Portal Knights

The last game in our list of games like Astronee is Portal Knights. Developed by Keen Games, this is an awesome Action Role, Survive, and Building game like Minecraft, with both Single-player and Multiplayer modes. The game is set in a cool sandbox environment and allows you to freely explore this game world as well as collect useful resources to construct your structures while engaging in battles against the enemies to get. You can craft multiple useful items like swords, axes, and rare tools to smash the game’s objects like the Minecraft game. And you have to fight against the monsters, create some elaborate construction as well as weapons along with your armors. In Single-player mode, you navigate the game world on your way. In Multiplayer mode, you can explore and combat with up to four online friends at the same time.

hwaNRCx.jpg

Portal Knights

Final Verdict:

This is a chance for you to enjoy our list of games like Astronee. In addition, if it is not enough, let’s head to coolgameslike.com to find out more game information.
Reference : https://coolgameslike.com/adventure/

Edited by James Bell

I discussed Patreon (and Liberapay) with @Jeru: the main limiting factor is SPI's ability to handle the money when it comes in frequent and small amounts. The one-time donations we get already take a lot of time to get to us, so we can't overwhelm SPI's treasury with frequent transactions.

• Like 1

I would actually suggest that individual developers set up semi-official Patreons themselves, that way it wouldn't complicate things for SPI, and it could probably help make it more apparent that the patreons would be helping an actual human being and not just a faceless organization =)

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, feneur said:

I would actually suggest that individual developers set up semi-official Patreons themselves, that way it wouldn't complicate things for SPI, and it could probably help make it more apparent that the patreons would be helping an actual human being and not just a faceless organization =)

That could be nice, however, we do not do this to get paid, most of us anyway, and also, if I earn income on the internet I have to ask for a special french status, and pay taxes :)

5 hours ago, feneur said:

We're not some faceless organization... right?

post-130-1179418699.jpg

("Make dude" and "Make random dude" should be used as cheat codes somewhere.)

4 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

That could be nice, however, we do not do this to get paid, most of us anyway, and also, if I earn income on the internet I have to ask for a special french status, and pay taxes :)

Isn't having to pay taxes on income better than the alternative? :)

[Edit] removing extra words.

Edited by WhiteTreePaladin
  • Like 2

On 10/5/2018 at 8:30 PM, feneur said:

It simplifies matters in one way but complicates matters in other ways. It can easily turn into a competition between developers for funds.

I don't think this bodes well for cooperation and collaboration on this project :(

• Like 2

On 10/5/2018 at 4:14 PM, Itms said:

I discussed Patreon (and Liberapay) with @Jeru: the main limiting factor is SPI's ability to handle the money when it comes in frequent and small amounts. The one-time donations we get already take a lot of time to get to us, so we can't overwhelm SPI's treasury with frequent transactions.

IIRC that was Liberapay's problem with its own payment processor;

My concern is that SPI doesn't work with Patreon (yet). It can accept small (and perhaps recurring) donations through PayPal, for example. No problem.

• Like 1

Those platforms take a share 5-10% or something. Also SPI has 501 (c) (3) non-profit status  "means that all donations made to SPI and its supported projects are tax deductible for donors in the United States". An online API to SPI that gets information in realtime about donations is what seems missing to leverage that.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2018 at 1:12 PM, Jeru said:

It simplifies matters in one way but complicates matters in other ways. It can easily turn into a competition between developers for funds.

That is happening regardless however. The fellow from Hyrule Conquest is having a funding campaign to continue to work on the project. fpre has been asking on the lobby for donations in the lobby for months already. The latter makes me wonder what the terms and conditions of that is. Does it matter who asks for the donations the loudest? The current Terms say that advertizing products and services is prohibited. So that would mean noone, including WFG may advertize anything. My idea was that Wildfire Games could have a donation bot, a way that displays the most recent 5 donations with a user message. This way lobby donating becomes a reoccuring social phenomenon. It's what many Youtube for example do for funding. Doesn't seem realistic however given that SPI only has no such backend. So it seems it can become a matter of shouting the loudest on the forums/lobby or banning all if not further regulated.

For 0 A.D. to receive recurring donations via Patreon? I need confirmation from SPI that this is an acceptable way for them to handle donations for 0 A.D. 

I can ask, but I must warn you that the answer will probably be: "No, we will only accept donations using the methods detailed on our website."

---

For 0 A.D. to receive recurring donations via PayPal? Nothing. This option is already available.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jeru said:

For 0 A.D. to receive recurring donations via Patreon? I need confirmation from SPI that this is an acceptable way for them to handle donations for 0 A.D. 

I can ask, but I must warn you that the answer will probably be: "No, we will only accept donations using the methods detailed on our website."

---

For 0 A.D. to receive recurring donations via PayPal? Nothing. This option is already available.

Well if the answer is no then we'll be settled. And we will be able to provide an answer as to why :)Can you ask please ?.:)

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 4:38 PM, Jeru said:

Then that is a matter for the team to decide how to regulate. 

The GPL license grants everyone to modify, redistribute and sell modifications or extensions to the 0 A.D., i.e. to compete for funds on third party online payment services.

What is left for Wildfire Games to decide is what happens on Wildfire Games online services (lobby, forums, mod.io, download page, ...). The Lobby Terms say promotion of specific goods or services is not allowed (not allowed without WFGs permission in the new revision). I expect restrictions on that by the non-profit status too.

• Like 2