Hacktoberfest

9 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Oh... I thought this could help 0 A.D. I guess not. 

I guess it doesnt matter that much. They might have said PR because thats what the standard is these days. PR..Patches.. whats the difference?

• 2 weeks later...

We can contact them, of course, but I don't think they will make an exception. This event is not really pro-open source, it's basically pro-GitHub. Nothing wrong with that, they have money to support the projects on their own platform, it's normal that they use it - but we are not based there.

• Like 2

In their FAQ (https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/faq) it is stated:

PRs must be made on the GitHub platform.

So no exception. What we could do is accept PRs on GitHub and repatriate them on Phabricator, but that is tedious.

I am thinking that we should maybe have a bot on GitHub that automatically puts the contributions on Phabricator, to open the development to GitHub lovers, but that is work we are unlikely to complete before October 31st. To consider for the future I'd say.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Itms said:

In their FAQ (https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/faq) it is stated:

So no exception. What we could do is accept PRs on GitHub and repatriate them on Phabricator, but that is tedious.

I am thinking that we should maybe have a bot on GitHub that automatically puts the contributions on Phabricator, to open the development to GitHub lovers, but that is work we are unlikely to complete before October 31st. To consider for the future I'd say.

If that could be done that would be great in any case. I was wondering if such a thing was possible.