Sign in to follow this  
FreddyEdge

Errors when trying to build solution in Visual Studio

Hi. I get these errors when I try to build the solution (Build Solution F7) in Visual Studio.

5>E:\0AD\source\lib/external_libraries/opengl.h(44): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'GL/gl.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\..\..\source\graphics\MiniPatch.cpp)

4>E:\0AD\source\lib/external_libraries/opengl.h(44): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'GL/gl.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\..\..\source\ps\ProfileViewer.cpp)

4>E:\0AD\libraries\win32\enet\include\enet/win32.h(18): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\..\..\source\network\scripting\JSInterface_Network.cpp)

2>E:\0AD\source\lib/sysdep/os/win/win.h(93): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\..\..\source\lobby\XmppClient.cpp)

I GET THE ABOVE MANY TIMES.

AND THE FOLLOWNG IN SOME LINES AT START.

5>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Platforms\Win32\PlatformToolsets\v140_xp\Toolset.targets(36,5): warning MSB8003: Could not find WindowsSdkDir_71A variable from the registry.  TargetFrameworkVersion or PlatformToolset may be set to an invalid version number.

4>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Platforms\Win32\PlatformToolsets\v140_xp\Toolset.targets(36,5): warning MSB8003: Could not find WindowsSdkDir_71A variable from the registry.  TargetFrameworkVersion or PlatformToolset may be set to an invalid version number.

I downloaded the code using Tortoise SVN as mentioned in the Develpment Section of the WildfireGames site/BuildInstructions. Though I didn't understand this line :

"RUN CD BUILD/WORKSPACES AND THEN UPDATE-WORKSPACES.BAT"

I didn't understand the "cd build/workspaces". So I run only update-workspaces.bat. What does that "cd" mean ? Is it a file ? I couldn't find any file.

Also I didn't understand in the instructions, under the build configuration title, where it says (the target will be pyrogenesis.exe). What does that mean ?

cd means "change directory". When run from the root of the svn, it would change your shell's directory to build/workspaces where update-workspaces.bat is located.

You can also manually goto that directory and run the batch file.

Edit: Unless you plan on developing you do not need to build it yourself. Pre-compiled binaries are provided in the repo for windows users. just run binaries/system/pyrogenesis

Edited by (-_-)