Grumpy Gurken's recenst ramblings

Gurken Khan

@stanislas69Would that be the same as resource leaks? I speculated on that before, but didn't get any reaction...

On 11/17/2018 at 5:37 PM, Gurken Khan said:

I thought maybe it was a RAM issue. I looked a bit for 'OS error = 8' which to me seemed to point more in the direction of resource leaks?

I have no actual debugging experience, but should I maybe install some tool to see if I can catch what's going on?

I watched the replay of the first part of that game above: all units were working correctly, so I assume there was a problem with an earlier loaded save file.

And the game crashed again, again I have no additional info to provide. If maybe @stanislas69or someone else has another idea about this memory leak suspicion...?

• 3 months later...

47 trained units. The starting units doesn't count. 3 trained cavs (or was it 2?, I am going to assume it was 3).

44 female citizens. 3 cavalry units.

44 units with worker class. 3 units who are workers without the worker class.

feminization = female citizens / workers * 100 = 44 / 44 * 100 = 100%

One might say that it is not expected.(I for one did not)

Edited by Guest

56 minutes ago, (-_-) said:

The starting units doesn't count.

So, besides me mixing up several numbers... ^^

I expected a 'description of my society' rather than a description of my training history. I guess that one stat doesn't really matter, but which do you think it should be?

1 hour ago, (-_-) said:

3 units who are workers without the worker class.

Yeah. I guess I just should know/understand that?

1 hour ago, (-_-) said:

feminization = female citizens / workers * 100 = 44 / 44 * 100 = 100%

One might say that it is not expected.(I for one did not)

Spoiler

notsureifseriousorsarcasm.jpg.40dd7bfc075218a5e8dc6479fad356fe.jpg

Yeah, it does not make much sense. Unfortunately, there are things in the summary screen which makes even less sense. This does not claim 1 + 2 = 5. (There is a bug in there which results in that. In another variance of course.)

Whaaa?? Are you telling me that not all players extract the game files and look at the template files for the Class definitions...

And, yes. It was sarcasm.

Edit: The starting units thing is arguably a bug in the component too. Bugs..bugs everywhere.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, (-_-) said:

Before changing anything, it is important to know what exactly is expected in the summary screen.

I said I expect a description of my society. Any other expectations out there? Shall we make a poll?

6 minutes ago, (-_-) said:

But technically speaking, total should be a total.

Like, totally? But what total do you mean here?

• Like 1

Total units should include the starting units too. Because, why not?

For the other question, it was not limited to this particular case. Maybe a timeline kinda thing showing battle events or wonders or whatever.

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2019 at 9:11 PM, (-_-) said:

Maybe a timeline kinda thing showing battle events or wonders or whatever.

Yeah, I remember that screen from AoE2. ^^

On 4/14/2019 at 9:11 PM, (-_-) said:

Total units should include the starting units too. Because, why not?

I concur. I also think my 'feminization' would be higher if 1/6th of my population were chicks in chariots elite female warriors, but I guess it will stay 'percentage of pedestrian workers trained who only cost food' for the foreseeable future. ;)

Is it intended behavior that allies attack my lifestock?

Spoiler

0AD-friendlysheeprobber.thumb.jpg.9e30621c57d566042ab8bc9828c8fa94.jpg

I wish maps wouldn't troll me with unreachable berries.

Spoiler

0AD-terraintroll.jpg.cffb1766df7241e5da59edaec524dc2a.jpg

@elexis@(-_-)I've had another map with an 'invisible relic', but now I can't find it again. Once you got a solution for the relics spawning oob, will you be able to check the code of all maps?

Is there a way to know who made which map?

Ah, that oob thing. There has been a solution since Dec 5 2018 (until it was abandoned I guess). https://code.wildfiregames.com/D1688 should fix it for all relics. I might have some second thoughts on the reasoning of some of my earlier comments. Also, that does nothing to inaccessible resources. But that is a different matter.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed an issue with the lithobolos animation:

0AD-doublebarrelcata.png.56073d9f3e7983a9736ea7321b2a4f32.png

After the left dude loads it, there are two projectiles in the ~barrel (correct word?); they're mostly overlapping each other until the top, where they split. Then there's some glitching and one projectile disappears while the other one is fired.