Decay territory

Jofursloft

For some reason territory owners were not updated before that house was destroyed in that pocket.

Here's the data from one of the houses in there a little before the west house was destroyed obtained with DumpSimState, with the boring stuff taken out.

Owner and territory 4 refers to player4 who was orange.

id: 7778
  Ownership:
    owner: 4
  Position:
    territory: 4
  TerritoryDecay:
    object: {
  "decaying": false,
  "connectedNeighbours": [
  ],
  "territoryOwnership": false

I guess "connectedNeighbours" may offer some clues.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, (-_-) said:

For some reason territory owners were not updated before that house was destroyed in that pocket.

Not updated = not recomputed; or Not updated = recomputed and result didn't change?

The first case sounds like TerritoryDecay would be updated when an entity with TerritoryInfluence is destroyed or captured, but not when a new entity with TerritoryDecay was created.

The second one sounds like the house was actually giving territory and the rendering just differs from the actual data.

5 hours ago, (-_-) said:

For some reason territory owners were not updated

Do walls prevent that update too?

0AD-tdecay.png.7acf5e3bef007beaaf2d95321ab825a1.png

You can spot the corner of the CC I captured at the top, and my territory boundary at the bottom. I believe when I first looked that tower was >200 mine, but then it decayed to Gaia (mostly); the red neighbor had a bit of influence on it (and my green ally waved at it a bit). As soon as I destroyed the gate it started to convert to me (the wall was a complete circle before).

Or is that intended behavior?

2018-09-27_0003.ZIP

The two cases have one thing being common. In both cases, it started decaying after something was destroyed. Could mean that territorydecay is not listening to certain messages that it should have been. After all, it did correct after recieving "OnOwnershipChanged" (when destroyed). But if so, how likely is it that it wasn't encountered before?

Edited by Guest