Team bonuses

Jofursloft

2 hours ago, (-_-) said:

In reality, no one was stupid enough to try and destroy the ram first. Killing the people inside would be easier. A spear would actually be more effective than a sword for doing that.

But this means that rams can also be vulnerable to arrows: a mass of archers can kill the people inside exactly like spear cavarly. Are we going to set all rams like Xiongnu ones?

Edited by Jofursloft

4 minutes ago, Jofursloft said:

But this mean that rams can also be vulnerable to arrows: a mass of archers can kill the people inside exactly like spear cavarly. Are we going to set all rams like Xiongnu ones?

People inside would die to arrows if a lucky arrow got through. And bowmen would probably try to aim the people too I guess. However, the odds of killing someone who is highly covered with an arrow is significantly lower than thrusting a spear into him through an opening while standing next to the thing.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, (-_-) said:

People inside would die to arrows. And bowmen would probably try to aim the people. However, the odds of an arrow hitting someone who is highly covered is significantly lower than thrusting a spear into him through an opening while standing next to the thing.

Yeah, you are right. Anyway, we have to change the graphic of the destruction of the ram. If people inside die, that doesn't mean that the ram is destroyed. In my opinion was maybe more realistic when (I don't remember the alpha) you could capture the rams: just kill people inside and take control of the siege. In my opinion would be good to stimulate the fact of garrisoning the rams. It's not realistic that 100 archers can be killed by 3 rams: discarding the option that is a mass of dumb archers in a real situation they would go next to the ram to kill the people inside and take control of it. 

In my opinion the solution can be: rams can be destroyed by swords units, other rams, crush units or catapults, while they can be captured from any type of unit. This would incentivate people to garrison them to have more units that can defend with shields the people that are normally moving the ram (the default ones that are already inside: when you have 0 garrisoned units)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jofursloft said:

In my opinion the solution can be: rams can be destroyed by swords units, other rams, crush units or catapults, while they can be captured from any type of unit. This would incentivate people to garrison them to have more units that can defend with shields the people that are normally moving the ram (the default ones that are already inside: when you have 0 garrisoned units)

For this the ram should be slower. But yeah, the capture can be a compromise solution.

Edited by Genava55
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Genava55 said:

For this the ram should be slower. But yeah, the capture can be a compromise solution.

The problem is that if we make rams slower catapults become too op: elephants die fast if there are ranged units nearby, like any type of sword unit, while ram can kill alone 2-3 catapults before die. However if we make rams slower 4 catapults can kill it easy before it reaches them.

16 minutes ago, Jofursloft said:

The problem is that if we make rams slower catapults become too op: elephants die fast if there are ranged units nearby, like any type of sword unit, while ram can kill alone 2-3 catapults before die. However if we make rams slower 4 catapults can kill it easy before it reaches them. 

Actually the ram can "outpace" spearmen, taking only one hit each 4-5 second. It means that you need to let the ram hitting your building to start capturing it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Altrine said:

Killing of rams are more easy with elephants. If don't have archers and spear infantry are the best to destroy it. Just need to destroy it before it could reach your cc or fort

Sure, but what all clever people do is to come with an army after the rams, and the elephants can be easily killed by a mass of ranged units

1 minute ago, Jofursloft said:
10 hours ago, Altrine said:

Killing of rams are more easy with elephants. If don't have archers and spear infantry are the best to destroy it. Just need to destroy it before it could reach your cc or fort

Sure, but what all clever people do is to come with an army after the rams, and the elephants can be easily killed by a mass of ranged units

Even though due to certain disadvantages if you have counter Cav to strike them at back or side they die ( have to be at the least 10) or use infantry melle or ranged to counter them

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Altrine said:

Even though due to certain disadvantages if you have counter Cav to strike them at back or side they die ( have to be at the least 10) or use infantry melle or ranged to counter them

You sure? I mean against a player that attacks you with an army composed by 60-70 units at least: the thing I would do is to focus my attacks on elephants and then on enemy army: if you destroy enemy fort or civic centre is better than kill some units

14 hours ago, Jofursloft said:

You sure? I mean against a player that attacks you with an army composed by 60-70 units at least: the thing I would do is to focus my attacks on elephants and then on enemy army: if you destroy enemy fort or civic centre is better than kill some units

if he attacks with an army of 60-70 I would use attack on 2 to 3 sides to win first take your ram out of the battle and use the 30 troops to protect it also retreat and use your cav to encircle it and wait and send 40 more troops to the retreating 30( now must be 20-25) to join and attack and use your cav to strike at the back ( the 10-15) I told and then use your ram to attack enemy buildings. And of course send a new 25 troops to guard it. 

14 hours ago, Altrine said:

if he attacks with an army of 60-70 I would use attack on 2 to 3 sides to win first take your ram out of the battle and use the 30 troops to protect it also retreat and use your cav to encircle it and wait and send 40 more troops to the retreating 30( now must be 20-25) to join and attack and use your cav to strike at the back ( the 10-15) I told and then use your ram to attack enemy buildings. And of course send a new 25 troops to guard it. 

After this comment I feel myself a terrible strategist in 0ad xd. I make it easier, mostly looking at the single situation