0 A.D. Units Dataset For Analysis

teetaps111

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if it's possible to create a file that describes the features of each of the units? A tidy comma-separated file would be ideal, like this:

|--------|---------Unit---------|----AttackType----|----AttackStrength----|

1      ,       Hoplite        ,        Hack             ,       1.0

2      ,   Swordsman   ,        Pierce          ,        3.0

You get the idea. I think it would be fun to have access to this data so that consumers on the more analytical side can play with the numbers a little bit, like this guy did to analyse Pokemon characters.

If that style of data isn't directly available, we could still find some data to work with. For example, something that drives the Super Smash Bros community is pages like this where the statistics of matchups are calculated and displayed.

Overall I think it would be a great way to boost some user engagement, and if there are clever data people out there, playing with the data in other ways may reveal some features about units that would typically be hidden during normal gameplay, which could help with development of a competitive but even playing field for different factions.

I am also willing to make this dataset myself; I don't have much experience with backend programming, but I am comfortable using python to scrape the git. I just kind of need to know where to start (which directory to start looking into).

Thanks Devs and community for a great game!

TT

All of the unit stats are in each units definition file which is XML you can find all of the data in the public.zip which serves as the base mod for the game engine itself the folder structure is fairly simply laid out so you should be able to figure it out ;) you might want to check the modding pages on our wiki for lots more detail on file structure and such.

Enjoy the Choice :)

On 9/17/2018 at 12:03 PM, dmzerocold said:

i dont have technical knowledge to use it , but is it possible anyone use this script and share the files ? if im not wrong this script extract the details (attack , armor , speed ...) of all units , right?

Yes (I think it only works in an svn/git copy) and yes.