Unit detail information accuracy?and a few small question

greedisgood500

I was not too hardcore player,but there many small question in game that the 0.a.d wiki and the current version not match(seem)
I try to look up the detail info in select unit(the right click on unit an large unit portrait..It give me a lot info about how even unit work( damage armor range type etc....)
as least i don't need to wiki tab out even 5 min...

However I found out that the game detail don't "updated"  ...when I research upgrade on armor it said all inf. got an +1 to hack+1 to piece ....first i tho it only not affect merc unit...but even trained pike man etc don't have the upgrade....however the promotion did give them more armor and changed information inside.....:huh:
the same happen to weapon upgrade...it seem not working in display

i don't think the blacksmith upgrade not working,is it just alpha version so the unit UI not update accurately? 

something I want to ask specify :
did skirmisher do more damage to elephant ,it seem doing more damage but I not sure?(wikia said yes but i find nothing in game.) only something like 1.5 vs cavalry (that AI map give you an elephant
rush ....)is elephant count as cavalry now?

did hero get weapon upgrade?I get that they have hero armor upgrade,but they get improve weapon if I upgrade something like all inf attack damage..etc

the Garrison max arrow...and arrow per unit....if per unit=1 is that mean I putting 1 unit inside will shoot 1 more arrow?(I know it really dumb...but there no change in the UI saying how much arrow it shooting and the in game arrow is really really small.....I dun think you can count it very accurate atm.

how many Civilizations peck not put in game yet?

I know Macedonians free unit on barrack ,you cannot capture wild life.anymore?

btw is there are attack mode / kill anything mode for unit so they don't walk up and capture building.....end up getting kill.I know I can attack move with crtl +right click...but sometime that thing don't work..they will still insist on capture,I have to crtl and right click on building...very often on archer and spearman suicide...something they will stand there letting enemy hit them and not return fire too...(using stand ground+ attack move archer very often letting fortress/tower etc free hit I was clearly in-range)
how to stop heal running too far away?the only mode work is stand ground.but i actually like the to move when attacked.it just anything else those healer will run for super super far away (about% of them...I have to collect healer after each battle (group up them work too but cannot use any move when fighting since the formation will mess up,and they will stop healing a bit some unit will die if I using the control group too much.heal who run super far also would not come back to heal injured unit.......)it would be great if we can attack move with healer... or all those aggressive/defensive  will adjust how far they run away

btw thx for the great game 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, greedisgood500 said:

the Garrison max arrow...and arrow per unit....if per unit=1 is that mean I putting 1 unit inside will shoot 1 more arrow?

Yes. And the maximum says for how many garrisoned units you could get extra arrows. Every further unit doesn't increase the number of arrows.

6 hours ago, greedisgood500 said:

did skirmisher do more damage to elephant ,it seem doing more damage but I not sure?

As you see there are three kind of damage. Like the different kinds of damage you have also different values for the armor against the kind of damage. Skirmisher are dealing much pierce damage, and elephants have a weak armor against pierce damage. Because of this skirmisher are very effective against elephants.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OptimusShepard said:

Yes. And the maximum says for how many garrisoned units you could get extra arrows. Every further unit doesn't increase the number of arrows.

As you see there are three kind of damage. Like the different kinds of damage you have also different values for the armor against the kind of damage. Skirmisher are dealing much pierce damage, and elephants have a weak armor against pierce damage. Because of this skirmisher are very effective against elephants.

elephant got 10 hack and 10 pierce armor in my game...?

30 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Try right click in the portrait.

the problem is right clicked portrait information is not dynamic update even armor upgrade is not show
however hover the mouse on the little blue shield &sword icon did give dynamic information...

21 minutes ago, greedisgood500 said:

elephant got 10 hack and 10 pierce armor in my game...?

There are different elephants with different armors. But you see hack damage is also effective. But the hack damage per second of an normal sword soldier is much lower than the pierce damage per second of the skirmisher.  Archer are also dealing pierce damage, but there dps is lower.

8 hours ago, greedisgood500 said:

I know Macedonians free unit on barrack ,you cannot capture wild life.anymore?

The way to capture wildlife, like elephants or camels, isn't implemented yet, and I sincerely never saw free units in macedonians barrack

btw is there are attack mode / kill anything mode for unit so they don't walk up and capture building.....end up getting kill.I know I can attack move with crtl +right click...but sometime that thing don't work..they will still insist on capture,I have to crtl and right click on building...very often on archer and spearman suicide...something they will stand there letting enemy hit them and not return fire too...(using stand ground+ attack move archer very often letting fortress/tower etc free hit I was clearly in-range)

Do you mean sometimes you get in a garrisoned enemy fort range with pikes and archers? Because it's a suicide that without siege units (even slingers, that have a good crush damage, can't destroy a fort without die in many

how to stop heal running too far away?the only mode work is stand ground.but i actually like the to move when attacked.it just anything else those healer will run for super super far away (about% of them...I have to collect healer after each battle (group up them work too but cannot use any move when fighting since the formation will mess up,and they will stop healing a bit some unit will die if I using the control group too much.heal who run super far also would not come back to heal injured unit.......)it would be great if we can attack move with healer... or all those aggressive/defensive  will adjust how far they run away

All this happens cause your healers are hitten by enemy shots: just keep the healers in the middle of ranged units, so they are really protected

On 9/15/2018 at 8:25 PM, Jofursloft said:

Do you mean sometimes you get in a garrisoned enemy fort range with pikes and archers? Because it's a suicide that without siege units (even slingers, that have a good crush damage, can't destroy a fort without die in many

All this happens cause your healers are hitten by enemy shots: just keep the healers in the middle of ranged units, so they are really protected

Yep I just want them shoot those building instead walk up to capture...as walk in will getting FF by more then 1 tower/fortress ,everyone firing anything closest to them can keep formation better.I sometime keep the Ctrl+right click attack ground all the time,and missed a few Ctrl commend result in my troop go deep

currently I do this....archer + healer stand ground and ctrl right attack ground.then select those healer again and stop the them(I still press "S"a lot instead of H)they will spread out nicely this way ..my back line would not die easily to any arrow from enemy except bolt shooter...then go to control front line stuff.
whatever I adding newly created unit in battle I need to redo the whole thing(change to defensive/stand-ground)attack move ,add to control group 1-5 and formation(battle line formation etc)
I getting use to race with elephant army as they cannot capture,and their normal attack do enough damage ,it just too bulk and die to bolt shooter .

another strange thing,siege weapon if not using flee mode will repack themselves if I set to stand ground...whatever some target is valid in range if I tell my siege weapon pack up and leave (click on the pack unpack icon)they will re-unpack themselves...that thing happen more often if I set them to aggressive and attack move before.I have to set them to flee first then clicking the pack icon...
range siege weapon have a lot of need to switch between mode: as they will advance and hit the next target in range if you set in aggressive,sometime you want the stand ground dont keep pack-unpacking,I still thinking how to change my army setup so I don't need an army with 4-5 mode and switching around lol