0 A.D. Financial Report, September 2018

Jeru

In the interest of transparency, the Wildfire Games team would like to report on the finances of the project as of 2018-09-08. 0 A.D. has funds in two places:

1. Funds earmarked for the project and held in trust by US-based non-profit organization Software in the Public Interest, Inc. (hereafter "SPI");
  2. An account on Flattr, a Sweden-based microdonation provider.

SPI Earmark for 0 A.D.

As of 2018-01-01, the 0 A.D. earmark is USD 31,283.40 USD (Source: SPI Treasurer's Report). Unfortunately, more recent data are still unavailable.

Other Accounts

On Flattr, we have EUR 885.28 and USD 1.96 available, which are approximately USD 1,025. We have asked SPI to help us consolidate these funds with the SPI earmark.

Total

In total, we have approximately 32,308.40 USD.

Concluding Remarks

The 0 A.D. project finances are managed by the Treasury Committee: Erik (“feneur”) and Aviv (“Jeru”). Earlier this year, Adarash ("MishFTW") stepped down from the committee after almost four years of service. Thank you so much for your contribution, Adarash! It's been a pleasure and a privilege to have you on the committee.

We welcome your comments and suggestions on the management of 0 A.D. finances.

That sounds so beautiful,and it feels great knowing this grand game will take off,and not fail due to financial shortage. TY :D I am excited about the release, but at the moment due to the fact it is playable and has so much depth I am enjoying the hel out of this game. So much you can do,and anyone that I introduce to this game  {real life friends/family} is having a lot of fun. Most of my friends didn't even know it was in alpha lol They thought it was fully released at how much is on this beautiful free game.

One of the great things about FOSS is that such projects value its community and volunteers more than money. Its not money that is moving 0AD forward. As with most projects, its volunteer artists, programmers and other community members offering their skills and know-how.

Open source is a beautiful thing.