Persian Farsi sound

dmzerocold

Here are the finished files. I also re-processed some of the Greek and Latin voices to remove noise, normalize, and improve the tone a little, so all the languages should be a little more consistent with each other.

These belong in the 'audio' folder within a folder called 'voice'.

If you want a really quick and dirty way to try out the Persian voices, replace the Latin or Greek .ogg files with the Persian .ogg files, they should overwrite. However, there are a number of lines not used by one language compared to the other, so the result will be messy. If someone wants to go ahead and mod the Persian voices into the game, I already went through the trouble of creating .xml files for all of the lines, matching the other languages as closely as I could. Let me know if there are any issues, although I do not know how much help I can be with implementation beyond this point.

voice.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Samulis many thanks :)

Hello guys

based on what i learned from you to test Persian voice in game , i tried to replace voice files and test voices on Roman empire which is in latin foder. before going to Persian voice, i noticed that Latin voices for Roman has some issues 

You can find the complete test results here

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iHTSkqq9g34bvS631Akx8qICkbGIxwkT?usp=sharing

also attached

For example "I will build voice" not used and for build action "I will repair" used ..., not related to Persian voice but i think we should fix them :)

Now back to Persian voice, because of voice for Persian is different than Roman i couldn't check all of them but so far my test result on Persian also exist on below URL.. if you can include Persian voices provided by Samulis into DEV version i can test them like what i did for Latin and share result with you

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iHTSkqq9g34bvS631Akx8qICkbGIxwkT?usp=sharing

Thank you

Latin - 20180924.xlsx

Persian - 20180924.xlsx

In the future, it is easier to just open the .xml files and see which <sound> files are listed. ;) The game 'asks' the .xml files which sounds to play, so that will show you what is used where. Whether or not the .xml file is actually 'asked' by the game or not is a whole different issue of implementation that needs the input of designers/programmers to resolve, which we should address as well.

Due to the haphazard nature of open development, some people don't provide all of the translations or sounds (after all, when many of these translations or recordings were provided, it is very likely there were significant differences in features/design, so they probably didn't have even had the same list we have now!). As a result, even minor changes in design as alpha testing progresses will continually result in certain voice lines being no longer used, or others being added long after the original recordings were done (e.g. capturing buildings, which has no dedicated phrase translated for any language yet- i.e. 'prendam' or 'aedificium prendam' for Latin have not been recorded or even listed).

I believe things like missing words or "close enough" fits (which are very common in the current Greek audio) are okay for now until the rate of adding new big features is less. Chances are, in a year or two, there will be 2-3 more phrases added anyway. In my mind, most of the voice recordings we are doing here, even now, are probably just going to be placeholders unless the recording quality is really impressive.

Most important I believe is ensuring that we have more up to date dialogue choices and translations available for voice actors so we can get all the phrases we need going forward, and none of the ones that are no longer needed. Much of that discussion needs to take place with the people responsible for designing the game and implementing the references to the .xml files, to re-examine what phrases may be no longer used and what phrases should be added.

I think we would need to settle that at least before we can talk about any sort of semi-permanent implementation of voices or lots of tweaks, or else things will just continue to drift farther out between the list and the build. Part of the problem might even be that programmers have been reluctant to utilize the more specific lines because they are not available in all languages, and in some cases, not translated. Thoughts?

@dmzerocold As for 'I will Work', there is no 'I will work' used in the other languages as recorded (e.g. 'laborabo'), but there is 'I will work [land/fields]' included in the Latin (agrum colam, lit. "I will cultivate the field"). I have only put 'I will work' there for now in the XML because it was just the closest fit, and whether or not you should consider re-recording is something that needs to be determined by more than any one of us. :)

Edited by Samulis
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Samulis said:

whether or not you should consider re-recording is something that needs to be determined by more than any one of us. :)

No doubt :) we should continue to improve them 

What i wanted to check was context of voice in game , for example there is one voice "What is it?" and what i provided has exact same meaning in Persian , but when i heard it in-game i noticed that this phrase in Persian language is not suitable for this context , so i have to provide something more close to context :) without testing in-game i was not able to detect it

Also for "Hello" although it was not listed , i provided 2 different way to say hello in Persian .. One is so common "Salam" another one is "Dorod" which is not common but people know and like it :)  when hear it (it is one of the ancient Persian words. remained for several years) ... to find this one was easy , but for other voices i had to hear them in-game and in action so i can find proper voice

Or another example If "I will work" refer to an action that worker has to work on Farm, then i have to record totally different thing :D and bother you again

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wanted to commit this @dmzerocold, but I can't because it throws errors because there are missing voices in the game. Here is a little mod you can try farsi_voices.pyromod

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "audio/voice/persian/civ/civ_female_gather.xml"
ERROR: error loading file: pathname=audio/voice/persian/civ/civ_female_gather.xml, error=Function failed (no details available)
ERROR: Failed to load sound group 'voice/persian/civ/civ_female_gather.xml'

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "audio/voice/persian/civ/civ_male_gather.xml"
ERROR: error loading file: pathname=audio/voice/persian/civ/civ_male_gather.xml, error=Function failed (no details available)
ERROR: Failed to load sound group 'voice/persian/civ/civ_male_gather.xml'

16 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Wanted to commit this @dmzerocold, but I can't because it throws errors because there are missing voices in the game. Here is a little mod you can try farsi_voices.pyromod

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "audio/voice/persian/civ/civ_female_gather.xml"
ERROR: error loading file: pathname=audio/voice/persian/civ/civ_female_gather.xml, error=Function failed (no details available)
ERROR: Failed to load sound group 'voice/persian/civ/civ_female_gather.xml'

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "audio/voice/persian/civ/civ_male_gather.xml"
ERROR: error loading file: pathname=audio/voice/persian/civ/civ_male_gather.xml, error=Function failed (no details available)
ERROR: Failed to load sound group 'voice/persian/civ/civ_male_gather.xml'

Based on these error if im not wrong these 2 voices are missing:

- "civ_male_gather"

- "civ_female_gather"

in Samulis zip file that shared (Old voice structure), we have these 2 voices

- civ_female_gather_food_1.ogg / civ_female_gather_food.xml

- civ_male_gather_food_1.ogg / civ_male_gather_food.xml

6 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

gather_food != gather :)

Yes i know :) now you can see why i proposed new voice structure.... and I insisted on it

In old voice structure for Persian there is no "femal_gather" or "male_gather" instead we have :

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Audio_Voice_List

I will gather wood      — draxtakaramiy       — [draxtækaramiː]
I will gather from mine — kanamiy zama        — [kanamiː zamæ]
I will gather food      — thāigarchiamiy      — [θaːigartʃiaˑmiː]
I will hunt             — škāramiy            — [ʃkäramiː]

gather is broken based on material ( food , mine , hunt , wood etc)

And voices i prepared is based on the above list (old list) :) in Samulis zip file maybe rest of them is not included but i recorded exactly as per Old list

But as you know for Latin there is only "I will gather" ("male_gather" or "female_gather") 

Old structure voice issue:

- each faction has a different structure 

- missing voice for each faction

- it is not easy to maintain 

Actually, for these issues, I proposed we implement new voice structure 1 time for life :) 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ze2SBTjKxMTbAVMDUmJIAwjDLXFJy2kNzXzkI3wwP7U/edit

Edited by dmzerocold

<SoundGroups>
      <select>voice/{lang}/civ/civ_{gender}_select.xml</select>
      <order_walk>voice/{lang}/civ/civ_{gender}_walk.xml</order_walk>
      <order_attack>voice/{lang}/civ/civ_{gender}_attack.xml</order_attack>
      <order_gather>voice/{lang}/civ/civ_{gender}_gather.xml</order_gather>
      <order_repair>voice/{lang}/civ/civ_{gender}_repair.xml</order_repair>
      <order_garrison>voice/{lang}/civ/civ_{gender}_garrison.xml</order_garrison>
    </SoundGroups>

The issue is the following.

The game does not know what the unit is gathering, it only has support for basic actions, which are the ones listed above. I can't add new ones without adding new code. Those sound files have to exist. If they don't the game will throw errors. I can easily change the naming conventions, but its harder to change the code itself. It requires reviews on https://code.wildfiregames.com  So if you want that to change you have to write new code. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

You can find them starting at line 193 of the cursed binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/components/UnitAI.js file

6 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

@Samulis, @dMAthena, @dmzerocold, Thanks for the hard work guys, the voices are now in the game, and you name have been added to the art credits.

Looking forward to seeing more contributions from you guys, such as a better voice system, and maybe old persian voices if you ever have time to record them.

Should we move this to completed task with the committed tag?