Overpowered norse farmstead bug

Imperator Ferrum Princeps I

12 hours ago, (-_-) said:

Why not take this patch attached to #3696?

I tend to avoid putting gameplay mods in CoM mods because I want them to be close to Vanilla for compatibility and because the code maintenance is not really simple. 

Would be nice also to be able to ovveride only parts of functions instead of having to carry files around. I guess we could have one with a suffix with only the affected functions but I'm afraid the loading order is not fixed.

29 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

I tend to avoid putting gameplay mods in CoM mods because I want them to be close to Vanilla for compatibility and because the code maintenance is not really simple. 

Thats understandable. Looks like CoM is handling a Lot of mods, so maintenance would have to be considered too. Plus, it changes a mechanic present in Vanilla thats just a bit more highlighted with this particular civ bonus.

21 hours ago, Imperator Ferrum Princeps I said:

Make them have to pay resources to breed sheep and have a breed time like all the other balanced factions

It makes sense that the norse get an advantage with sheep because where I live in Norway I have sheep not too far from my house. I can walk down the road and see sheep everywhere grazing by the fjord. I think it's great they have that skill over other cultures on OAD because lamb is big here,and we eat a lot of it {very healthy}. I don't think it should be nerfed or force us to pay with resources because it will ruin the uniqueness of the culture. Other cultures get what we would like to have so every culture should be different,and have it's weakness and strengths. Making us pay with resources would ruin the idea of it. I know many sheep do cause lag but there can be a different solution than ruin the fun.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Astrid said:

It makes sense that the norse get an advantage with sheep because where I live in Norway I have sheep not too far from my house. I can walk down the road and see sheep everywhere grazing by the fjord. I think it's great they have that skill over other cultures on OAD because lamb is big here,and we eat a lot of it {very healthy}. I don't think it should be nerfed or force us to pay with resources because it will ruin the uniqueness of the culture. Other cultures get what we would like to have so every culture should be different,and have it's weakness and strengths. Making us pay with resources would ruin the idea of it. I know many sheep do cause lag but there can be a different solution than ruin the fun.

This bug makes sheep free and only take 1 second to train. :D lol

I suggest either a civ bonus or special technology. 

• 2 months later...