Got Millenium AD to work

Astrid

I think they did a wonderful job on this mod,and they are very accurate with the factions/history/timeline. I loved how you made the anglo Saxons similar to the norse as they were both pagan tribes,and they both shared their love for the Germanic gods. Most people would think the anglo Saxons were always christianised, and no they started out just like the Vikings except they were in different locations. {My English sucks heh} Beautiful job on this mod :D They always said a norse girl sounds like a happy /naïve  when speaking English, but when we speak our native language we sound like a Valkyrie 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Astrid said:

I think they did a wonderful job on this mod,and they are very accurate with the factions/history/timeline. I loved how you made the anglo Saxons similar to the norse as they were both pagan tribes,and they both shared their love for the Germanic gods. Most people would think the anglo Saxons were always christianised, and no they started out just like the Vikings except they were in different locations. {My English sucks heh} Beautiful job on this mod :D They always said a norse girl sounds like a happy /naïve  when speaking English, but when we speak our native language we sound like a Valkyrie 

We are happy and on the behalf of our team, we thank you for those kind words. I presume that you downloaded it from inside of  0AD'downloader since it is already on mod.io page https://0ad.mod.io/millennium-ad .

On 8/8/2018 at 12:59 AM, Astrid said:

Love to agree on this :)

I’ve been playing the mod and quite enjoying it except that it crashes twice already on my windows 10 pc again(maybe my pc problem again) I had a crash log but not the latest one. 

Unitwise Byzantine is my favorite (archer/wall civ) except that that it has no hero yet. Structures are decent and pretty wonder. 

Anglo Saxons have nice units too but no archers. Pretty wonder. Towers are too plain that sentry towers look better. The wall is quite short that makes them not good looking. Also it’s not nice to play against them as the AI keeps on making stables rather than houses. And the makevtgrm really lots!

Carolingans has Best temple and their wonder is awesome too! I just don’t like their houses (almost same) and walls. 

I hope the Norse is complete and be more competitive against other civs. Right now it’s just hard to play them as they don’t have cav hunters. 

• Like 1

The best way to win with the norse is use the hunters to first scout the map due to them having fastest speed, and to prevent having to solo dangerous animals bring about 4 or more,and just run over the map. Get your food high,and build a market as soon as you can so you can use food for your currency to buy metal/wood to train units to be ready for your first attack by your enemy. After if you win the attack start training more units to harvest steel/wood/stone. As long as your units are not teir3 you can spam harvesting with these new units.

Next build a temple so you have your healers for your frontline,and also get their skills maxed for that teir. Nothing better than having 5 or more healers keeping your frontline alive,and you can fight with ease. 

What I do is have two groups of hunters split,one for behind the front line units {spearmen,axemen} and have another group of archers flanking on the side so I can have the first group assisting my front line units,and the second picking off the archers/skirimishers that are trouble to my frontline. 

Remember you can save a lot of resources because you can train champions from your civic,and most your units so embrace that. I use the terrain to my advantage,and also use the towers to remove the fog of war. So much better seeing your enemy ahead so you can plan. Remember to stack up on hunters,that will be your power. 

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:51 AM, asterix said:

I believe so since we basically need someone who will say a few sentences in that language with a believable accent for foreigners. Smth like https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Audio_Voice_List

I thought this over for a bit,and especially with my hubby,thanks but no thanks. I rather just play the game,and besides my husband wouldn't want my voice on a game heh Norwegian men are complex/jealous. We are a nonchalant/private/polite/and shy culture. If you ever visited Norway/Bergen you would see what I am talking about. But ty for the offer. I do appreciate the offer though :D 

4 hours ago, Servo said:

I’ve been playing the mod and quite enjoying it except that it crashes twice already on my windows 10 pc again(maybe my pc problem again) I had a crash log but not the latest one. 

Unitwise Byzantine is my favorite (archer/wall civ) except that that it has no hero yet. Structures are decent and pretty wonder. 

Anglo Saxons have nice units too but no archers. Pretty wonder. Towers are too plain that sentry towers look better. The wall is quite short that makes them not good looking. Also it’s not nice to play against them as the AI keeps on making stables rather than houses. And the makevtgrm really lots!

Carolingans has Best temple and their wonder is awesome too! I just don’t like their houses (almost same) and walls. 

I hope the Norse is complete and be more competitive against other civs. Right now it’s just hard to play them as they don’t have cav hunters. 

Thank you for your feedback some of the issues are already known, we will look at them next time hopefully.

5 hours ago, Astrid said:

I thought this over for a bit,and especially with my hubby,thanks but no thanks. I rather just play the game,and besides my husband wouldn't want my voice on a game heh Norwegian men are complex/jealous. We are a nonchalant/private/polite/and shy culture. If you ever visited Norway/Bergen you would see what I am talking about. But ty for the offer. I do appreciate the offer though :D 

Could you just translate the default sentences ? Someone else could do the recording but none of us can do the translation.