Importing wolf animations in Blender?

dars

Hi all,

I'm interested in contributing to fauna. I've been playing around with the existing animals and importing them into Blender.

Has anyone successfully imported the wolf animations (e.g. wolf_attack_01.dae)?

I've tried using all combinations of armature options in the Blender collada importer but the animation is deformed in every case. If I manually connect the unconnected bones it fixes some deformations but the result is still off from what we see in the 0AD actor viewer. Most importantly the wolf "slips" and the animation loses all sense of reality.

Is there something I'm missing? Maybe some editing of the raw collada file before importing?

Thank you for your time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dars said:

Awesome - the animations are perfect in those .blend files. Thank you!

I can't find those blend files in the repository - is there any place I could have found them?

Best,

Daniel

In the art repository maybe I'm not sure.

I can't find them anywhere :( If you have more blend files for animations could you upload them at some point? I'm sure the community at large would benefit! (I certainly would!)

BTW I might try making a cow model + animations if that's wanted!

Have a look there: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/art_source/trunk

I remade the boar so you'll have that one for next release (A24 not A23 bis) 

In these folders in an astounding mess you'll find the models and animations of everything we were given. 

Some are in a 3DsMax format. As of now I haven't found a way to fix the models enough to be able to reexport them from dae to blender.

Since you mentioned you are interested in doing animals have a look a the non exhaustive list here

I update the first post as often as I can. This is the official thread.

If you feel too constrained you can also look at this thread.

https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22944-fauna-requests/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-355882