balancing-mod

JonasTuo

2 minutes ago, JonasTuo said:

hm, it seems that the old version works, but not the new one. mabe its something wrong with the zipped file?

have you get rid of completely the old version and then put there the new one? what operating system do you have? PS: For me it runs just fine.

Not caused by fgod mod coz I don’t use fgod for SP this time. 

There were errors from time to time too but can’t catch it to take pix. 

Still playable and having fun with the mod. Though I have to regulate my game so I won’t end up having all CS soldiers become heroes. Add to the fact that I played with 13 relics the hero and relic slots might be filled out and who knows what will happen ;) .

At some point lately the resign button works!

Also the wololo still works (can build some structures using captured units) but was surprised a Briton unit can build an Italian embassy. Seems like any structure buildable by the wololo unit can be done if it is allowed by that captured unit but not allowed by the Civ the human player used.

Also the Seleucid archer unit was promoted to champ (kushite) and surprisingly not the Greek one. 

Edited by Servo

Thx Servo again, I'm happy that u like the mod. I hope to fixed the Error with the ProductionQoue,js,, in the newest update. And I forgot to mention that I disabled the selection of Wounded Units, cause with promotion up to Hero that function would become probably too powerful, and it would cause maybe people -with good micromanagement- saving   all the time wounded Units, which wouldn't be neither a pleasure to play, nor realistic.

Errors just show up but on my SP games it doesn’t matter as it is still playable and I’m having fun. For MP games if the errors will affect the mechanics then it needs fixing.

The look out towers seem missing from build menu.

IMO for SP games or maybe MP games the promotion of CS units from elite to champ and to hero should be slower or very very slow. In my games since I play to infinity I might end up having majority of the units to be heroes. And I’m not sure if I will end up more than 100 heroes and it will fill up the hero panel. 

Questions: 

Is there a file (readme or something) to know what type of hero or Champ any CS unit from any Civ could be promoted? Are they promoted randomly?

Thanks!

Sure I try to fix all errors. ATM i don't know of any. In last version i lowered the promotion by a factor of 2 or 3, cause ValihirAnt had also 70 Heroes in long a FFA game :huh:, I fix the look out towers in next version, thx for reporting. U can look in which unit a unit can be promoted under balancing-mod/simulation/template/units/ the are xml files which is easy to understand.

Pike and Spear Champs will be promoted to a spear Hero, swords to a sword Hero, Archer and Crossbows to a Archer Hero, Javelin to a Javelin Hero, Ele to Ele Hero, but all Cav will be promoted only to one Cav Hero for all. @Servo