Need help downloading the medieval mod :D

Astrid

16 minutes ago, Astrid said:

I am using windows 10 :D I will have my husband try to set it up using the information you linked me,and if he can't I will get back to you lol Ty again. The blonde is in me today, and so desperate to play the vikings

this might also help 

• On Windows (Vista or newer): C:\Users\{name_of_user}\Documents\My Games\0ad\mods\

1 minute ago, Astrid said:

Ty so much :Deven better

do not forget though that if you have ziped version you need to unzip it and put it in the location above then start 0ad go to mod selector select that mod click enable then it will appear under public mod, select it again and press play the mod or what is written in bottom right corner

4 minutes ago, Astrid said:

Yes I downloaded it from that link,than I clicked on the DL millennium link and selected save,waited for it to DL,went into my DLs and couldn't open it...….I need help from there heh

ok download this program https://www.7-zip.org/ then right click on the millennium folder that you downloaded in the menu after right clicking on that icon select 7-zip then unzip it and continue as stated above (you will get a folder of bigger size with many programs and that whole folder copy to C:\Users\{name_of_user}\Documents\My Games\0ad\mods\   )

I don't even speak the perfect English,nm techie English :PI didn't get it to work yet so no Viking raiding today, and this shieldmaiden needs to go to sleep heh Ty all for trying on this lovely day,and tomorrow is another day so maybe better luck. 

• Like 1

How to:

1. Unzip the download but leave the inner archive intact.
  2. Place the unzipped folder into /binaries/data/mods. You'll see another folder there called 'public'.
  3. Launch the game and enable the mod in Options>Mod Selection. Press 'Start Mods'.
  4. Enjoy the mod!

C:\Users\Astrid\0 A.D\binaries\data\mods\

or

C:\Users\Astrid\Documents\My Games\0ad\mods

That 2nd one is where modders should be telling people to place it.

I think millenium ad is available to download from ingame downloader, no need to worry about putting things in the right place when the game does it for you.

mod selection -> download mods for anyone wondering.

1 minute ago, (-_-) said:

I think millenium ad is available to download from ingame downloader, no need to worry about putting things in the right place when the game does it for you.

mod selection -> download mods for anyone wondering.

not yet needs itms approval

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Astrid said:

So where do I type that in ? Where I save it ? :D

Below

9 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

How to:

1. Unzip the download but leave the inner archive intact.
  2. Place the unzipped folder into /binaries/data/mods. You'll see another folder there called 'public'.
  3. Launch the game and enable the mod in Options>Mod Selection. Press 'Start Mods'.
  4. Enjoy the mod!
9 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

C:\Users\Astrid\Documents\My Games\0ad\mods

No success yet :D I did have a very fun game today playing the romans,and blocking the Carths from getting resources which lead to them losing by not progressing to build a good army. While I am waiting to download this beautiful medieval mod I am still enjoying heh