Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jarnomodderkolk

Graphical bugs with new 0ad

Recommended Posts

I just installed 0ad 23 Ken Wood,

I don't know what happened but i am getting a warning and an error at the start of a game, when it finished loading my graphics are all kind of weird, sometimes very blocky, other times no shadows and sometimes black buildings and no shadows...

I have a picture of the error and how the graphics look attached

 

resume of pc Specs:

i5 6500

16 Gb ddr4 ram

980ti GPU

 

raar 2.PNG

raar 3.PNG

raar.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first screenshot shows an "out of memory" error in openGL. So it seems like you set the graphics settings too high for your graphics card (possibly very high shadows)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, elexis said:

The first screenshot shows an "out of memory" error in openGL. So it seems like you set the graphics settings too high for your graphics card (possibly very high shadows)

That's weird since i have a high-end GPU,  it has 6gb ddr5 vram. 

 

But yes i have the game set at very high shadows, i just turned it down to high and the graphics where back to normal, did not expect that to have such an impact, it warns when using GPUs with low memory but i would not categorize mine as a low memory card :) 

But it works right now, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jarnomodderkolk said:

That's weird since i have a high-end GPU,  it has 6gb ddr5 vram. 

When I added these settings I evaluated the high shadow settings on 1080 Ti for 4K monitor, it has 11GB.

7 minutes ago, jarnomodderkolk said:

But yes i have the game set at very high shadows, i just turned it down to high and the graphics where back to normal, did not expect that to have such an impact, it warns when using GPUs with low memory but i would not categorize mine as a low memory card :) 

How many video memory it costs depends on 2 things: settings and a screen resolution. So if you have high settings on 4K monitor, it'd cost at least 4096 * 4096 * 4 * 4 * 4 = 1GB.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

When I added these settings I evaluated the high shadow settings on 1080 Ti for 4K monitor, it has 11GB.

How many video memory it costs depends on 2 things: settings and a screen resolution. So if you have high settings on 4K monitor, it'd cost at least 4096 * 4096 * 4 * 4 * 4 = 1GB.

I am not using a 4k monitor, i use an ultrawide 2560x1080, the rest of my setting are maxed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

When I added these settings I evaluated the high shadow settings on 1080 Ti for 4K monitor, it has 11GB.

How many video memory it costs depends on 2 things: settings and a screen resolution. So if you have high settings on 4K monitor, it'd cost at least 4096 * 4096 * 4 * 4 * 4 = 1GB.

But i got to say the last few updates have really improved the game, i have not played for more then a year and the game feels so much smoother and looks a lot more finished

Keep up the good work! :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jarnomodderkolk said:

I am not using a 4k monitor, i use an ultrawide 2560x1080, the rest of my setting are maxed

The same for your resolution, because it uses a power of two, so for you it'd be 1GB too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jarnomodderkolkI have the same problems with my GTX 970. I have tested the settings with an other system with no problems. It seems to be a bug of the 970/980ti (maybe 980?), because the memory is enought. See also ticket

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/4883

Seems to be it wont be fixed. But in my opinion middle/high shaddow settings are ok. Better they use their time to improve the whole game performance than the max settings for only one or two graphiccards ;)

Btw. I know that the highest settings works on a GTX 960 (in 1080p)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, OptimusShepard said:

@jarnomodderkolkI have the same problems with my GTX 970. I have tested the settings with an other system with no problems. It seems to be a bug of the 970/980ti (maybe 980?), because the memory is enought. See also ticket

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/4883

Seems to be it wont be fixed. But in my opinion middle/high shaddow settings are ok. Better they use their time to improve the whole game performance than the max settings for only one or two graphiccards ;)

Btw. I know that the highest settings works on a GTX 960 (in 1080p)

 

yea maybe, but i also realize when a bit further into gameplay i start getting 30 fps mostly because of all the units which is a bit annoying, but that could also be my CPU since it isnt that great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jarnomodderkolk said:

yea maybe, but i also realize when a bit further into gameplay i start getting 30 fps mostly because of all the units which is a bit annoying, but that could also be my CPU since it isnt that great. 

Nsh that's the game. There are work in progress for it. Hopefully for A24.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jarnomodderkolk said:

yea maybe, but i also realize when a bit further into gameplay i start getting 30 fps mostly because of all the units which is a bit annoying, but that could also be my CPU since it isnt that great. 

yep, that more or less is 18 years old bug ... work in progress 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×