Graphical bugs with new 0ad

I just installed 0ad 23 Ken Wood,

I don't know what happened but i am getting a warning and an error at the start of a game, when it finished loading my graphics are all kind of weird, sometimes very blocky, other times no shadows and sometimes black buildings and no shadows...

I have a picture of the error and how the graphics look attached

resume of pc Specs:

i5 6500

16 Gb ddr4 ram

980ti GPU

raar 2.PNG

raar 3.PNG

raar.PNG

29 minutes ago, elexis said:

The first screenshot shows an "out of memory" error in openGL. So it seems like you set the graphics settings too high for your graphics card (possibly very high shadows)

That's weird since i have a high-end GPU,  it has 6gb ddr5 vram. 

But yes i have the game set at very high shadows, i just turned it down to high and the graphics where back to normal, did not expect that to have such an impact, it warns when using GPUs with low memory but i would not categorize mine as a low memory card :) 

But it works right now, thanks!

7 minutes ago, jarnomodderkolk said:

That's weird since i have a high-end GPU,  it has 6gb ddr5 vram. 

When I added these settings I evaluated the high shadow settings on 1080 Ti for 4K monitor, it has 11GB.

7 minutes ago, jarnomodderkolk said:

But yes i have the game set at very high shadows, i just turned it down to high and the graphics where back to normal, did not expect that to have such an impact, it warns when using GPUs with low memory but i would not categorize mine as a low memory card :) 

How many video memory it costs depends on 2 things: settings and a screen resolution. So if you have high settings on 4K monitor, it'd cost at least 4096 * 4096 * 4 * 4 * 4 = 1GB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

When I added these settings I evaluated the high shadow settings on 1080 Ti for 4K monitor, it has 11GB.

How many video memory it costs depends on 2 things: settings and a screen resolution. So if you have high settings on 4K monitor, it'd cost at least 4096 * 4096 * 4 * 4 * 4 = 1GB.

I am not using a 4k monitor, i use an ultrawide 2560x1080, the rest of my setting are maxed

12 minutes ago, vladislavbelov said:

But i got to say the last few updates have really improved the game, i have not played for more then a year and the game feels so much smoother and looks a lot more finished

Keep up the good work! :) 

• Like 1

@jarnomodderkolkI have the same problems with my GTX 970. I have tested the settings with an other system with no problems. It seems to be a bug of the 970/980ti (maybe 980?), because the memory is enought. See also ticket

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/4883

Seems to be it wont be fixed. But in my opinion middle/high shaddow settings are ok. Better they use their time to improve the whole game performance than the max settings for only one or two graphiccards ;)

Btw. I know that the highest settings works on a GTX 960 (in 1080p)

16 minutes ago, OptimusShepard said:

@jarnomodderkolkI have the same problems with my GTX 970. I have tested the settings with an other system with no problems. It seems to be a bug of the 970/980ti (maybe 980?), because the memory is enought. See also ticket

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/4883

Seems to be it wont be fixed. But in my opinion middle/high shaddow settings are ok. Better they use their time to improve the whole game performance than the max settings for only one or two graphiccards ;)

Btw. I know that the highest settings works on a GTX 960 (in 1080p)

yea maybe, but i also realize when a bit further into gameplay i start getting 30 fps mostly because of all the units which is a bit annoying, but that could also be my CPU since it isnt that great. 

22 minutes ago, jarnomodderkolk said:

yea maybe, but i also realize when a bit further into gameplay i start getting 30 fps mostly because of all the units which is a bit annoying, but that could also be my CPU since it isnt that great. 

Nsh that's the game. There are work in progress for it. Hopefully for A24.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jarnomodderkolk said:

yep, that more or less is 18 years old bug ... work in progress