Food and citizens

Ulfilas

Perhaps, but what you are trying to accomplish would be pretty performance intensive if implemented in the way described on the first post.

For example, lets consider ways to regenerate the “food bar”. One could either use auras in some fancy way or use range queries. Auras are pretty expensive currently especially if they are complex and are too many. Using range queries are also not cheap when the number of units increase. This can be seen from trigger maps such as Danubius or Jebel Berkal when attackers are spawned and targets need to be found. The game would sometimes freeze up.

This is just speculation ofcourse and there maybe an alternative method thats relatively cheap that I must have missed.

There is only one way to find out. This is just some tips to consider when you are making your mod, not in any way to discourage or say its impossible or something.

Good luck with your mod. And I hope its easier to implement than I am thinking. :victory:

An interesting mechanic could be Granaries. You build Granaries and when you have an excess of Food, you can put that food into the Granaries for later. Similar to bartering, you click the button in the Granary UI that allows you to deposit as much food as you want out of the current treasury. That amount of food is taken from the treasury and placed into the Granary. Later, if your farms are destroyed from raiding or you're pushed off your farmlands and your food drain has reached 0, the food drain can come from your Granary until it runs out, preventing your units from losing health. Just an idea. Also reminds me a lot of Command and Conquer

• Like 1

Not only food but wood too though it should be much much slower than food. People can’t last living without using wood to cook. Well it’s just a game.

Stamina or attrition damage could really add gameplay. 0ad or AoE units are really 100% efficient which are not realistic. RoN’s attrition gameplay makes the player to be more cautious, tactical and strategic on military activities. It is annoying only for those who can’t play decent or advanced. Supply wagons just prevent further HP deterioration. Attrition tech is very expensive for good players that they don’t even research it until later when the resources are piling up. Attrition damages don’t deter good players from doing their raids. 

• Like 2