Is this normal ? About lag.

Astrid

In the beginning of my scenario I have no lag, but once I start building more units,buildings I get major lag. I have a new laptop that is fast/state of the art,and it runs games likes "cossacks 3,Northgard,Rimworld,Strongshold {yes  thereshould be major lag with how many units/spam on the screen} and I get no lag whatsever, even on the most beautiful graphics/high setting. I love this game,and I see it becoming a master piece once released hence it is already amazing with it's beautiful graphics,historical accuracy,and fun. It is just one fun game ! :d I hope this can be fixed

That is quite normal and we hear this for almost two decades, this lag is caused by many factors 0AD runs on the single thread, another thing is pathfinding and the other thing is graphics (rendering, how detailed the object is and so on ). We tried to address these issues every single release https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Changelogs , https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GamePerformance .

The game being computed too slowly when the number of units or mapsize is too large is an algorithm problem. Losing the network connection only occurs if a player has a network problem, except the part where it occurs after the loading screen, that is a bug.

That is great to hear it just isn't me heh This game will be epic once that problem is fixed because this game is amazing and fun :D Ty for the replies,and help. I noticed my lag started the minute I trained 6 elephants to build my houses. 

15 hours ago, elexis said:

The game being computed too slowly when the number of units or mapsize is too large is an algorithm problem. Losing the network connection only occurs if a player has a network problem, except the part where it occurs after the loading screen, that is a bug.

Does location plays a role in connection issue? Like if the server is hosted far away, is it more likely that a lag will be seen. I don't get lag all the time, but with some hosts, the lag is severe. I'm from India, I've 4G connection, so is it possible that the location is playing an effect on lag? My internet is pretty fast though, I even tried to play the game with institute internet, I'm still getting the lag issues (irrespective of map size and population; esp with some people as hosts)

Edit: Before someone points out that the host has bad connection, it's usually the case that I'm the only person experiencing the lag with certain hosts.

Edited by Aerys Targaryen

I am from Bergen/ Norway In a very remote area on the fjords heh I wonder if that effects my lag also. But as everyone says it is from the single thread so I am sure once it is fixed I won't have any problems here in Viking land heh Ty for the help also :D