A few questions

Aerys Targaryen

Laws of Lycurgus

In wiki page, I found that spartans have -10% population and their units get promoted directly to elite rank with 1 kill in age III. But it's not mentioned in game. Is it the case that one is outdated? Does spartan units still have that perk?

Testudo, Syntagma and Phalanx

What do these formations do? What kind of bonuses will they provide for units in the formation? I read in this forums in a comment that with Phalanx formation, the damage is distributed with every other unit in the said formation. Can someone clarify this? I couldn't find any official wiki or in-game explanation.

Iphicrates and formation bonus

Say I keep some citizen soldiers and Iphicrates in a formation, which will give every unit +3 armour. Now while fighting, they are going to disperse anyways, so does the formation bonus apply after they naturally disperse when an enemy unit approaches?

• Like 1

Yes, -10% sparta pop limit still exists, also mauryan and persian +10%. You can see it in the population tooltip ingame too. It should also be seen (someday if not already the case) in the ingame civ history page thing.

For the formation questions, @temple knows the current state best probably.

On 7/16/2018 at 4:53 PM, elexis said:

Yes, -10% sparta pop limit still exists, also mauryan and persian +10%. You can see it in the population tooltip ingame too. It should also be seen (someday if not already the case) in the ingame civ history page thing.

For the formation questions, @temple knows the current state best probably.

Sorry I didn't post my question clearly. The unit promotion (elite rank with 1 kill in age-III), which is a compensation for -10% population limit, is mentioned in wiki but not in-game. The -10% population limit is mentioned everywhere though.