Laptop powers down when i play 0ad

Nycalex

I recently downloaded 0ad and i love it, but it somehow causes my thinkpad x200 w/ ubuntu 14.04 to power down. I use it 8+ Hours daily and it never happens otherwise.

i'm running the latest version from ubuntu apt-get

i don't know enough about ubuntu to research the logs, but happy to look them up if someone gives me a command

normally this laptop stays fairly cool. I do a bunch of processing-heavy work on this computer that takes CPU to 100 and it doesn't overheat from it. When CPU is busy, fans kick in and it's easy to tell that the computer is busy. It doesn't seem to happen with 0AD so i don't feel it's an overheating issue.

And it isn't a battery - laptop is plugged in. Like i said, it never shuts down on its own unless i'm playing 0AD.

14 minutes ago, Nycalex said:

normally this laptop stays fairly cool. I do a bunch of processing-heavy work on this computer that takes CPU to 100 and it doesn't overheat from it. When CPU is busy, fans kick in and it's easy to tell that the computer is busy. It doesn't seem to happen with 0AD so i don't feel it's an overheating issue.

And it isn't a battery - laptop is plugged in. Like i said, it never shuts down on its own unless i'm playing 0AD.

Mmmh Could you use a software to monitor the temperature just to be sure ? :)

The next time it occurs, give us the logs https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/ReportingErrors

3 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Mmmh Could you use a software to monitor the temperature just to be sure ? :)

The next time it occurs, give us the logs https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/ReportingErrors

I just watched the temperature as i played for few minutes. I only stayed in a game for 3-4 minutes, and CPU temp, both cores, are stable at about 75-77C.

Is there a log file i can look at to see what happens after laptop will power down next time? since it's not a regular crash, i'm obviously not getting any error messages... Thanks

1 hour ago, Nycalex said:

I just watched the temperature as i played for few minutes. I only stayed in a game for 3-4 minutes, and CPU temp, both cores, are stable at about 75-77C.

Is there a log file i can look at to see what happens after laptop will power down next time? since it's not a regular crash, i'm obviously not getting any error messages... Thanks

Yeah see https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths for the logs location on your platform.