Taste of Power new indie RTS game. Announcement, the first teaser, the alpha version of the game

Hello fans of RTS games

We are a team of indie developers, and we are creating a RTS game about the alternative history of the Middle Ages. Visually, our game is similar to the Total War series (in indie performance), but the mechanics of our game are much closer to the StarCraft. A distinctive feature of our game is the dynamics of game events and the balance system of the game sides. More you can find in the YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lObdZmoflDg&t

We launched a demo version of the Taste of Power in free access.
If you are interested in making a review of the demo version of our project, we added a link to the alpha version of the game:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/758250/Taste_of_Power/

I hope you enjoy the game. I wish you have a nice day!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/28/2018 at 3:26 PM, feanor1899 said:

We launched a demo version of the Taste of Power in free access.
If you are interested in making a review of the demo version of our project, we added a link to the alpha version of the game:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/758250/Taste_of_Power/

Do you also have a version available for people who don't use Steam? And can it be played on GNU/Linux (without Wine)?

• Like 2

Terrain textures are exquisite... Flora and most of the other map assets like rocks are exquisite (those random structures in neutral territory are strange and distracting though). The geometry in those hills is really nice. Timurid faction is indeed very visually appealing, and an excellent choice for civ. Very powerful, but hardly known, which gives them a nice exotic feeling without feeling tacky. I don't like the other two generic civs. They should choose specific civs and try to use some actual references for them... 

Those fire and smoke effects when structures are destroyed are pretty cool.

I absolutely love the naturally generated roads between all the structures. Impactful, yet perfectly subtle, so it doesn't become distracting... It just helps to tie in the base with itself and with the map very nicely. @LordGood & @elexis check out them roads... No input from the player is needed and the result is quite organic looking. With a lot of effort, time, stress and sleepless nights, I'm sure you could achieve something similar, but even nicer looking for 0AD... :P Doesn't even need to be functional. Just purely aesthetic...

As for the rest of the game... The pathfinder/unit AI seems super wonky... I don't understand the resource gathering aspect of the game. Are there any? Gameplay seems a little meh... The way the game progresses feels very weird. I'm assuming there's only a handful of maps and I think their replayability is very limited. The maps don't seem very interactive, somehow. 

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sundiata said:

They should choose specific civs and try to use some actual references for them... 

Yeah, that was weird. WEST, EAST, and TIMURIDS. lol

Terrain textures are exquisite... Flora and most of the other map assets like rocks are exquisite (those random structures in neutral territory are strange and distracting though). The geometry in those hills is really nice. Timurid faction is indeed very visually appealing, and an excellent choice for civ. Very powerful, but hardly known, which gives them a nice exotic feeling without feeling tacky. 

I wonder if they're using Unreal or some other widely available engine.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

26 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I wonder if they're using Unreal or some other widely available engine.

I was also wondering if they do the modeling in-house or if they mix with external assets from 3D marketplaces. 

28 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Yeah, that was weird. WEST, EAST, and TIMURIDS. lol

Very weird indeed... The "West" and "East" really lack credibility... 

• Like 1